Full-Time Head of Events – Operations Division
Head of Events – Operations Division
Start: as soon as possible
WindEurope is the voice of the wind industry and is seeking a Head of Events who will be responsible for managing and supervising the organization of all WindEurope large events (including sales and budgets) and to support management in the development of the WindEurope events strategy & portfolio and all sales in connection thereto.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the Events team by supervising and coordinating tasks and workload of 5 team members;
- Set-up and implement planning documents (team yearly roadmap, event timelines, input to marketing and design planning, logistics & sales planning) making sure all tasks are completed in a timely manner;
- Act as a project manager for all large WindEurope events (e.g. WindEurope annual conference & exhibition and WindEurope Offshore events) and as coach towards team members handling smaller events (e.g. Technology Workshops, debates, seminars, etc.). working in close collaboration with Policy, Marketing, Membership;
- Manage all event-related finances i.e. budget and forecasts;
- Contribute to the development of the Event strategy by providing the necessary supporting information and input;
- Develop and implement process improvement initiatives with the support of the COO.
WindEurope large events
- Define pricing proposals for each event with clear assumptions;
- Supervise the development and implementation of the sales plan in line with the commercial targets set for each event;
- Follow up sales and define countermeasures in case of deviation from expected ramp up;
- Build a sales network and recruit partners/sales agents to expand the reach of WindEurope events;
- Venue selection: in charge of RFPs, site inspections, negotiations and selecting appropriate venue in coordination with the COO and Deputy CEO;
- Coordinate internally the development of the sponsorship catalogue and develop tailor made offers in collaboration with the Conference & Membership units. Prepare cost overview and set deadlines for all sponsorship opportunities and act as liaison between both teams.
- Select and coordinate external suppliers in various areas, including but not limited to: catering, insurance, shuttle buses, hotels (with supplier), registration logistics, sponsor logistics, signage;
- Establish fruitful collaboration with events contractors and suppliers to successfully perform tasks in line with the event’s goals and objectives;
- Act as one of the main onsite contacts to the venue, clients and to suppliers and supervise all logistical aspects and delivery onsite;
- Supervise the production of the event publications (website, event guide, exhibition catalogue);
- Coordinate the event preparation and implementation (event timeline, planning and facilitation of task force meetings, set-up of thematic working groups if required, meetings, follow up).
- Supervise, coach and coordinate the work of the Events team;
- Handle the related administration and HR duties e.g. KPI definition, appraisals, holiday requests etc.
- 8 to 10 years relevant experience in the organisation large-scale events (simultaneous exhibition and conferences for more than 5,000 participants and 300+ exhibitors on 8-10K sqm exhibition space), preferably from a membership based organization.
- Preferably master’s degree in business administration or in communication or marketing.
- Proven track record as an excellent people manager of a team;
- Very strong project manager with ability to cope with complex tasks and a variety of tight deadlines;
- Very strong negotiation and presentation skills;
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Stress-resistant, flexible and able to manage high-workload peaks;
- Solution oriented with great attention to detail;
- Very strong budget management skills, affinity for handling figures;
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment and adapting to different working styles.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Competitive package;
- Challenging, international and enthusiastic environment;
- An opportunity to learn more about the wind energy sector while gaining working experience in a dynamic organisation.
How to ApplyTo apply, please send your CV and a cover letter by 20th March 2017 to email@example.com with reference code: WindEurope/2017/05. Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the deadline.
225 total views, 2 today