Full-Time Head of Communications and Marketing Unit
Head of Communications and Marketing Unit
ECCO – the European CanCer Organisation, a not-for-profit association, aims to bring together all the different disciplines and specialists involved in the research and treatment of cancer. Its ultimate aim is to ensure that all cancer patients across Europe receive the best possible care.
ECCO is now hiring a Head of Communications & Marketing Unit. Are you a proven leader in communications and marketing? Are you looking for an exciting new challenge?
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING UNIT
CONTRACT: ONE (1) YEAR FIXED CONTRACT (WITH POSSIBILITY TO EXTEND)
Develop and drive the implementation of an overall communications strategy to support
- ECCO’s corporate reputation as the united voice of oncology professionals in Europe;
- ECCO’s activities in Oncopolicy, Quality Cancer Care and in the organisation of the European Cancer Congress and other congresses/events organised by ECCO.
- Design ECCO communications strategy based on solid understanding of ECCO’s Strategic Plan, ensure the successful implementation of the communication strategy by effectively managing the Communications Unit;
- Identify and develop innovative communications approaches and measures to support ECCO in achieving its strategic objectives;
- Safeguard the corporate identity and corporate branding strategy.
Member Relations Communication
- Build up the member relations aspect of ECCO’s work;
- Manage productive relations with communication and other counterparts in ECCO member societies.
Public Relations and Policy
- Devise, develop and maintain strategic media relations;
- Support policy outreach and effective communication with EU Institutions, WHO-Europe, and other governmental and non-governmental stakeholders at European, International, national and regional level as appropriate.
Congress Marketing and Communication
- Develop and define new strategies for the marketing and communication for congresses organized by ECCO;
- Develop and lead of operational plans, coordinate key activities and create promotional marketing programmes working with project teams to align all activities to congress strategies;
- Lead the communication team in its day-to-day efforts to provide strong marketing and communication support to the congress project teams by means of promotion, mailings, newsletters, website and social media content, onsite promotional activities and press activities;
- Conduct market research, analyse market trends, bench mark the competition advising colleagues and clients on the best strategy;
- Measure ROI on marketing and communication initiatives;
- Liaise with external partners such as media consultants, graphic designers;
- Manage budgets related to congress marketing and communication;
- Support the communication of scientific content of congress programmes to the oncology community.
DESCRIPTIONS OF THE RELATIONSHIPS
- Senior management team position reporting to the CEO;
- Close collaboration with the Head of Congress Unit, the Head of Policy Unit and expert volunteers on the ECCO Board and congress committees;
- Managing the Communications and Marketing Unit.
- Excellent knowledge of traditional and modern marketing and communication channels and tools;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including good editorial skills;
- A talent for innovation in communications to serve organisational objectives;
- Excellent operational, team management and leadership skills; sound understanding of the healthcare or scientific non-profit associations and their marketing specificities;
- Excellent understanding of health and research issues and the EU policy environment;
- Oncology, scientific or medical knowledge is an advantage;
- Ability to work with and reconcile the views of diverse organisations and individuals;
- Ability to function accurately and efficiently in a matrix work environment;
- Fluency in spoken and written English at native level (other European languages would be an asset).
PROFILE & EXPERIENCE
- At least 10 years of experience in marketing and communication;
- Experience in advocacy and public affairs as core activities;
- Proven track record in managing and coaching teams;
- Proven track record of designing communication strategies;
- Proven track record of planning and executing successful communication campaigns at European/global level;
- Demonstrable experience working for events;
- Experience in launching new products/projects is desirable;
- A creativity to devise novel, innovative communication tools (in print/online);
- Good communicator with enthusiasm and convincing power;
- Capacity to interact and build strong relations stakeholder/staff base;
- Eligible to work in Brussels without a work permit.
How to ApplyInterested? Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 January 2017. Interviews will take place on 6 February 2017.
371 total views, 2 today