Full-Time Head of Communications
Founded in Brussels in 1983, CEPS is among the most experienced and authoritative think tanks operating in the European Union today. CEPS serves as a leading forum for debate on EU affairs, but its most distinguishing features lie in its strong in-house research capacity and independence. CEPS has a vacancy for Head of Communications as further to the departure of the current responsible.
This job covers three principal areas: The design and implementation of a strategic communications plan, the development of strong external relations through networking and memberships and supervision of CEPS events.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the CEO, the Head of Communications and his/her team will be responsible for designing, managing, coordinating, implementing and monitoring an integrated internal and external communications, public relations branding and membership strategy for CEPS.
The objective is to promote awareness, understanding and support for CEPS mission, ensure quality and consistency of all CEPS publications and events and effectively channel the delivery of content to those who can make a difference to, or have an impact, on European policy-making.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the implementation of an integrated strategic communication strategy to support the achievement of the organisation’s key goals and strategic objectives by enlisting the support of the media, European policy and opinion makers, political leaders, academic institutions, public sector and private organisations;
- Develop and refine core messaging to members and stakeholders to ensure organisational consistency in all aspects of communication, including publications;
- Monitor the attractiveness and quality of the CEPS website;
- Social media management: Oversee the design, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of a social media strategy and plan that includes the production of relevant, original and high-quality content;
- Develop and implement a membership strategy in cooperation with the internal CEPS membership task force and Senior Research Fellows;
- Oversee the development of materials, messaging and image required to achieve these objectives.
- Assess brand recognition of CEPS, identify key challenges and opportunities and make recommendations to continually improve the CEPS brand;
- Regularly review, update, ensure knowledge of and monitor compliance with branding guidelines.
Press relations and the media:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with media representatives and maximise media opportunities;
- In cooperation with the Communications Manager, ensure the creation and strategic dissemination of high quality press releases, tweets and media packs;
- Increase the number of references of CEPS on radio, TV, or the Internet.
- In cooperation with the Communications Manager and Editors, oversee the production of CEPS publications and other documents such as presentations, newsletters, etc.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of senior EU officials, MEPS, and key decision and policy makers at the EU and national level;
- Maintain good relations with other related networks and think tanks.
Oversee the design, development and implementation of:
- CEPS Ideas Lab;
- CEPS membership meetings programme: lunchtime meetings, webinars & corporate breakfasts.
People and Financial Management responsibilities:
- Manage and further develop the capabilities and potential of the CEPS Communications, Membership and Events team;
- Manage and optimally use the financial resources available (includes budget planning, management, monitoring and reporting).
- Both broad and in-depth knowledge of EU policy matters;
- Experience in developing, implementing/managing and monitoring Communications strategies in an EU environment;
- Strong professional experience in communications, public relations, print, broadcast media, or interactive digital media;
- Excellent writing/editing and presentation skills in English;
- Knowledge of French, other languages would be an asset;
- Demonstrated leadership, teambuilding and supervisory skills;
- Experience of coordinating the design of large events and working in membership-funded organisations highly advantageous;
- Track record of consistently achieving high level results and delivering on-time and on-budget.
- The ability to analyse complex and/or multi-sourced information and summarise it for a range of different audiences;
- Ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels;
- The ability to motivate and manage people in a matrix-team environment;
- Understanding of the main IT tools, knowledge of Html language, Drupal, Contact Relations Management software, Powerpoint;
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, drafting and presentation skills;
- Commitment to work collaboratively with all external stakeholders and CEPS staff;
- Strong sense of diplomacy;
- The ability to create and maintain high-level networks.
What CEPS can offer
- An attractive and stimulating international work environment with over 60 professionals;
- An internationally known and highly rated think tank;
- An indefinite contract with an attractive salary and an additional benefits package.
How to ApplyApplications (cover letter, CV and names of at least two references) should be sent by email to email@example.com with “Head of Communications” in the subject line by 15 May 2017. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to produce one or two letters of recommendation.
356 total views, 1 today