Full-Time Financial Reporting/Accounting Professional
Financial Reporting/Accounting Professional
The Federation of European Accountants (the Federation) is the voice of the European accountancy profession. It represents a combined membership of over 875 000 accountants, auditors, finance professionals, business and tax advisors in Europe.
To strengthen its team, the Federation is seeking a graduate with practical experience in financial reporting or accounting and a desire to represent the profession and shape its development across Europe.
- The opportunity to help influence the development of financial reporting and the accountancy profession;
- A challenging and uniquely varied job with opportunities to work on cutting edge issues;
- The chance to work and develop within an international and motivated team at the heart of the EU, Brussels;
- Exceptional networking opportunities on the EU scene;
- Opportunity to interact with technical experts and leaders of the accountancy profession across Europe;
- A competitive compensation package.
The main responsibilities will include
- Contributing to thought leadership projects and other publications, using own research and technical input from experts, that influence the future of the profession;
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on key technical and policy developments;
- Updating the Federation’s Member Bodies of key international policy and technical developments;
- Participating in outreach activities and engaging with external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have
- A University degree (preferably in business or law) and minimum 2-3 years of practical experience in financial reporting or accounting (preferably in an accounting or auditing firm);
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Practical experience of IFRS is a definite plus;
- An interest in European Affairs (knowledge of the EU policymaking process would be a plus);
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, willingness to learn and ability to manage work independently;
- Excellent research skills and a pro-active outlook.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send to firstname.lastname@example.org (only):
- a motivation letter of maximum one page; and
- a CV of maximum two pages.
700 total views, 3 today