Full-Time Financial Project Controller
Financial Project Controller
‘A hands-on and analytical Finance professional with proven experience in (post)conflict countries’
You are quality driven, analytical and you thrive in a dynamic work environment. You see a due date as a pleasant challenge and with your strong communication skills you are able to hold others to it. It gives you energy. You enjoy working in a multicultural organisation. You are based in Amsterdam and member of the Finance and Operations Support department. You report to the Director of Finance and Operations Support.
- Coordinate and improve the organizational planning and reporting cycle;
- Monitor, analyse and explain the budget-actual variances for country programmes and grants;
- Prepare and verify financial reports and budgets and ensure timely submission to management and donors;
- Improve and support the system of internal control within War Child;
- Ensure global compliance with internal procedures and with donor requirements;
- Train, advice and support the organisation on financial management;
- Develop standards and tools to optimize work processes.
- Relevant academic degree;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position within an international non-governmental organization;
- Proven experience with financial donor reporting and donor requirements, preferably EC, USAID, UN, Dutch MoFa and similar institutional donors;
- Excellent understanding of the accounting structure and international organization of an iNGO;
- Proven field experience with outstanding intercultural communication skills;
- Experience with internal audits or assessments of field locations is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written), fluency in French, Spanish or Dutch is an advantage;
- Analytical, structured and with strong planning skills;
- Cost conscious, result driven and a team player;
- Microsoft Excel has no secrets for you;
- Flexible and willing to travel to (post)conflict countries on a regular basis;
- Available 32 to 40 hours per week.
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam. War Child aims to help as many war-affected children as possible. Therefore War Child has a low cost policy in place resulting in salaries below market standard.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 1 March 2017. Make sure to upload your English CV and cover letter by using the following hyperlink: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/75755 Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network! The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
394 total views, 1 today