Full-Time Financial Officer
The Finance Officer works closely with Finance Manager and Programme Manager, to maintaining to financial systems, and implement policies and procedures related to finance, financial planning and analysis.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of the following financial management processes:
Ø Financial and Management Accounting
- Purchase invoice and expense claim processing
- Grants and donations receivable processing
- Allocation of expenses between nominal codes
- Allocation of expenses between funds
- Petty cash control
- Monthly reconciliation of nominal ledger control accounts
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset register
Ø Cash Management
- Process supplier and staff payments
- Monthly bank reconciliations of all bank and petty cash accounts
Ø Payroll Management
- Processing monthly payroll in QuickBooks
- Monthly reconciliation of all payroll related control accounts
- Maintenance of all payroll records and supporting documentation
Ø Budgeting, Reporting and Project Planning
- Assisting with the preparation of the company budget
- Submit timely funder’s claims and reports
- Maintain the grants ledger including reconciliation to the nominal ledger and application of grant instalments
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports to donors as required
- Prepare new and revised budgets according to grant agreements and guidelines
- Ensure funding disbursement requests are done and grant procedures are followed in a timely manner
- Ensure all the necessary financial information for organisational and project audits is prepared
- Liaise with auditors as needed to ensure full transparency and accountability
Key Position Specifications:
The above scope of work represents the responsibility of the Finance Department and the Finance Manager.
Thus, according to need and priority, the Finance Officer will be asked to perform any of the above tasks in order to support the work of the Finance Manager. The Finance Officer will be assigned responsibilities on a regular basis by the Finance Manager, in accordance with organisational priorities. Specifically, it is expected that the financial accountability requirements for a number of donors, in particular a large project funded by the European Commission, will require additional support.
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
Ø Professional accounting qualifications AAT and/or part qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA (or qualified by experience)
Ø 2 years’ experience in a financial / management accounting role, ideally NGOs
Ø Experience with EU funding management
Ø Good track record of providing strong financial support and accurate information
Ø Strong practical experience of QuickBooks, Excel and other computerised accounting systems
Ø Experience of SMEs and a small team is important
Ø A good understanding of managing accounts and information needed to support forecasting and budgeting is important.
Ø You will be confident, creative and self-assured.
Ø You need to be an advanced user of Excel for reporting and forecasting
Ø Familiarity with QuickBooks for financial and management accounting as well as payroll and PAYE matters
Ø Ability to work independently, but as part of a small team, on different projects.
Ø Computer literate in MS Office, with a particular focus on Excel, and email.
Ø Ability to work well under pressure.
Ø Ability to be administratively and secretarially self-sufficient.
How to ApplyPlease send your CV and cover letter (maximum 2 pages) to: Our Finance Manager, Dieu Ngyuen – firstname.lastname@example.org
555 total views, 2 today