Full-Time Finance & Payroll Assistant
Finance & Payroll Assistant
The European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO) is currently looking for a FINANCE & PAYROLL Assistant wishing to bloom in an International Association with a Vision.
We are offering a full-time employment contract with an interesting salary package including benefits.
Founded in 1980, ESTRO, the European SocieTy for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO), is a non-profit and scientific organisation that fosters the role of Radiation Oncology in order to improve patients’ care in the multimodality treatment of cancer.
With over 5 000 members in and outside Europe, ESTRO supports all the Radiation Oncology professionals in their daily practice: Radiation Oncologists, Medical Physicists, Radiobiologists and RTTs (Radiation Therapists) and the wider oncology community.
ESTRO’s mission is to promote innovation, research, and dissemination of science through its congresses, special meetings, educational courses and publications.
You are responsible for ensuring a smooth support to ESTRO shared Services for Finance and HR related tasks. You serve as point of reference for administrative Finance & HR activities. You manage the testing aspects of ESTRO programs activities.
Your core activities will be:
- Prepare and send invoices/credit notes relating to ESTRO programs;
- Start the monthly payment reconciliation system;
- Contribute to updating the payments received by wire transfer;
- Inject the invoices into the system;
- Check the customer balance and provide information to Finance Manager;
- Configure the invoicing module;
- Do manual registrations (for groups and individuals) through the system;
- Check before the deadline if all registrations are duly paid. Send overview of weekly unpaid invoices to Coordination officer for chasing and follow-up.
- Payroll, overview of holidays and preparation of salary payments;
- Recruitment activities: Post job openings, schedule job interviews, organize résumés, contact references, inform candidates on their status, orient new staff to the Association;
- Training activities: arrange, manage and organize in-house and external trainings;
- Optimization of internal processes: serve as point of contact with external providers (brokers, interim agencies, insurance companies, lunch vouchers companies,…); answer employee questions, draft and distribute necessary documents, facilitate resolutions to any payroll issue, reconcile benefits statements, explain policies and procedures to staff;
- Other duties as per defined scope;
- Participating to and/or leading transversal projects.
Education and professional experience
- Certificate Bachelor degree with an accounting and/or HR focus;
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar position.
Skills and competencies
- English (mainly verbal) is mandatory as the working language of the SocieTy. French and/or Dutch are necessary to liaise with local suppliers;
- Excellent organization and planning skills;
- Positive mindset and show willing;
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles;
- Good understanding, experience and affinity for Belgian payroll and Belgian social legislation;
- Recognize, understand and ensure confidentiality;
- Excellent ability to use Microsoft office applications in particular excel spreadsheets;
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours;
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritize work;
- Strong time management and planning skills;
- Ability to meet changing deadlines;
How to ApplyTo apply, please send your CV and cover letter in English (with reference “FINANCE&HR” in the subject line) by 27 March 2017 latest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Contacts should happen by 1st April.
680 total views, 1 today