Full-Time Finance and Grants Manager
Finance and Grants Manager Terms of Reference January 2017
The Finance and Grants Manager will work across all divisions in an international non-profit environment, supervising Accounting, financial and grants reporting, and monitoring systems. Reporting to the Director of Finance, Administration and Human Resources, this role will include the following responsibilities:
- Manage the financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems;
- Supervision of accountant;
- Supervision of procurement and accounting procedures;
- Provide and interpret financial information;
- Monitor cash flows and predict future trends;
- Analyse change and advise accordingly;
- Develop financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk;
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities;
- Liaise with auditors for annual and grant monitoring;
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations;
- Produce financial reports to specific deadlines;
- Assist programme teams in managing budgets; and
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Ensure accurate, timely, efficient and transparent process for all grants;
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Provide input into the development of our funding strategy;
- Manage institutional reporting, including meeting internal and external reporting deadlines, identifying reporting components, compiling required documents, ensuring report completeness, and facilitating final submission to funders;
- Ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements, including budgets and financial reports;
- Supervision of expenditures to budgets;
- Review all grant proposals, including budget and budget narratives to ensure their overall quality and feasibility;
- Work closely with programme teams to build and execute plans and processes, strengthen capacity for grants management, and ensure transparency and accountability;
- Facilitate cross-organisational learning, including providing information, guidelines, lessons learned and user-friendly tools;
- Keep up-to-date with funder requirements and developments in the use of indicators, tools, etc.;
- Maintain appropriate communication with donors concerning grant management; and
- Participate in relevant meetings relating to the grants and their respective management.
In addition to the above, it is important to emphasise the highest level of discretion and confidentiality in carrying out these duties.
- Master’s Degree in Economics,
- At least 5 years of previous accounting experience in Belgium,
- Experience in financial accounting, grant reporting and financial analysis;
- Experience working for an NGO or non-profit organisation,
- Detail-oriented, organised, rigorous, dynamic, proactive and flexible,
- Team player in an international environment,
- IT literate (Word, Excel and PowerPoint),
- Experience in working with accounting software – Winbooks experience is a plus; and
- Proficient in both English and French. Dutch or any other EU language is a plus.
- Permanent contract,
- Attractive salary
- Benefits package which includes luncheon vouchers, Hospitalia insurance, pension plan, and
- 40h/week which includes 12 RTT per year.
How to ApplyPlease submit (in English)
- your CV (Name_Surname_CV_FinanceGrantsManager), and
- a one-page statement of motivation (Name_Surname_statement_FinanceGrantsManager) demonstrating your qualification according to the profile.
153 total views, 3 today