Full-Time Field Accounting Coordinator
Field Accounting Coordinator
Within MSF, the Finance Department aims to ensure financial statements give a true and fair view of the financial position of MSF Belgium and ensures an optimal use of financial resources.
Within the Finance Department, the field accounting division guarantees quality and timeliness of field bookkeeping, ensures the respect of policies & processes, provides advices and support to the missions’ accounting staff.
The Field Accounting Coordinator supervises the Field accounting unit, participates in the elaboration of the strategy to enhance field technical capacities and ensures the implementation of strategic decisions.
The Field Accounting Coordinator ensures that checks and controls are made properly, and regularly, processes are respected within the defined timing and that eventually accounting data imported into the HQ system provide a true and fair view of the financial position of MSF Belgium missions.
Under the supervision of the Finance Director, he/she develops strategies to improve the quality and time-frame of deliveries, ensures adequate tools and processes are implemented and the validity and accuracy of the data booked.
The Field Accounting Coordinator is a member of the core management team of the Finance Department and participates proactively in the definition of the global Finance strategy.
- Supervises, trains and supports Field accounting controllers;
- Ensures all functions and programs under charge are performed within established processes and deadlines;
- Ensures accuracy of the data imported from field accounting;
- Develops and ensures adherence to generally accepted accounting standards and principles; ensures maintenance of proper audit trails and verification and reconciliation actions for all processed work;
- Provides technical support and participates proactively in the definition of strategy to strengthen the accounting capacities on the field;
- Participates in the definition of tools and processes to improve quality of data encoded into field and time-frame of deliveries;
- Organises and supervises donor reports audits and follow up during the year;
- Coordinates activities of the field accounting with the finance operation coordinator;
- Attends and represents department at various executive meetings for the dissemination of information on the Finance strategy and the Field accounting strategy more specifically;
- Coordinates activities with other departments and working groups as needed.
- Certified Bachelor Degree or equivalent previous job experience;
- This position is a senior position (5 years of experience minimum);
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Team player with ability to communicate with colleagues and foster enthusiasm;
- Keen to take responsibility – this role is for an individual who is committed to fully understand and resolve issues and drive through improvements and efficiencies;
- Good knowledge of MS office tools;
- This position implies a minimum of 2 visits in the field per year;
- Fluent French and English (Dutch is an asset).
- Open-end contract (CDI) – full time;
- Based in HQ Brussels;
- Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension plan – Canteen – reimbursement (100%) for public transportation costs;
- Starting: as soon as possible.
How to ApplyDeadline for Application: May 23rd 2016. Interested candidates should send cover letter and Curriculum Vitae, by e-mail toRecruit.HQ.firstname.lastname@example.org or to Kristina Presis, Finance Department, Rue de l’Arbre Bénit 46, 1050 Brussels.
335 total views, 1 today