Full-Time Field Accounting Controller
Field Accounting Controller
The Field Accounting Controller (FAC) is the point of contact for missions for all accounting questions. He/she ensures at headquarters the quality of accounting in the missions. He/she supervises the work done in the field, assuring the quality and the relevance of charges as well as conformance to accounting policies and procedures.
He/she provides primarily technical support and related information to the missions.
- Ensures application of OCB accounting rules;
- Assures the eligibility, compliance and relevant allocation of expenses (project, contract, financing line, strategic line);
- Ensures the quality of back-up information (paper checks, advances and transfers, including their labelling, simulations, exchange rate, etc.);
- Verifies the allocation and correct validation of expenses paid by headquarters;
- Organizes monthly closings with the missions, fixing closing deadlines in accordance with analysis of mission capacity, assuring respect of deadlines;
- Shares his/her expertise, serves as consultant by communicating good practice to the missions, and assures corrections are made;
- Verifies setting of parameters for projects, third parties, accounting books, budgets, exchange rate, etc.;
- Verifies good application of purchasing rules (authority levels, signatures, advances, etc.);
- Verifies the quality of back-up documentation (paper and/or scanned) and other documentation (Purchase Orders, Request for Proposals/Offers, etc.);
- Verifies good application of Human Resources rules (Homère-Saga, salary changes, per diem payments, etc.);
- Answers to the questions from the field;
- Organizes the annual closing with the missions and archiving of accounting reports within planned deadlines;
- Organizes and ensures classification and archiving at headquarters of paper and digital accounting documents;
- Collects and sends to the missions useful documents (bank authorizations, inforeuro, Brussels expense lists, etc.).
- Ensures correct setting of parameters for financing contracts (budget, financial plan, administrative costs, associated accounting codes for line items, etc.);
- Assures the eligibility and rationale of expenses allocated to contracts in order to minimize related financial risk (possible loss of reimbursement);
- Organizes and supervises reporting in order to respect lender deadlines, and transmits reports to appropriate parties;
- Verifies the content and form of intermediate and final financial reports;
- Organizes and follows accounting closing of financial reports;
- Plans and organizes financial report audits (expense lists to be sent to the auditor, documents to be collected, documents to be sent from the field, etc.);
- Collects, verifies, and explains documents required by the auditors including “Belgian” back-up documents.
- Participates in briefings and debriefings of expatriates involved with finance;
- Participates in financial training organized by the department for the missions;
- Assures back-up of his/her colleagues and provides help as needed;
- Provides support link to the utilisation of new tool and assures the training to his/her mission.
- Identifies field support needs and establishes terms of reference for support visits in cooperation with the Cell;
- Makes the necessary support visits in accordance with the terms of reference;
- Writes a visit evaluation and ensures implementation of recommendations;
- Participates in the development and implementation of new tools and procedures;
- Review the procedures following the implementation of the new working methods (NCOA, UNCOM Best Practices OCB Missions, Accounting Check tool, …);
- Provides corrections requested by missions after verification of proper assignment (DOMI).
- Advanced training in accounting or economics;
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience;
- Excellent knowledge of computer tools, in particular Excel;
- Organized, precise;
- Capable of working in a team;
- Aware of the humanitarian world and particularly the MSF mission;
- Client orientated;
- Written and spoken French and English;
- Ready to travel to the field.
- Open-ended contract – full time – based in Brussels (Ixelles);
- Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Complementary Retirement plan – Canteen at democratic price – reimbursement (100%) for public transportation costs;
- Starting: immediate.
Deadline for Application: 29 of May 2017
How to ApplyInterested candidates should send Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae, by e-mail to Recruit.HQ.firstname.lastname@example.org or to Kristina Presis, MSF HQ Finance Department, Rue de l’Arbre Bénit 46, 1050 Brussels.
487 total views, 1 today