Full-Time Experienced Senior EU Public Policy Consultant (Evaluation/Impact Assessments)
Experienced Senior EU Public Policy Consultant (Evaluation/Impact Assessments)
Location: London (with relocation to Berlin within one year)
Contract: full time, permanent
In addition to our recent recruitment success, and due to our continuing project wins and overall growth of the European Public Policy practice within Optimity Advisors, we are looking for a motivated and experienced Senior EU Public Policy Consultant to join our multi-national team.
The position requires experience of delivering evaluations, impact assessments and research for the European Institutions. Building on strong research, analytical and writing capabilities, coupled with an understanding of the EU policy cycle, you will conduct work for a range of clients across Europe. We are looking for an experienced, hard-working, team player to join our team and offer the opportunity for the successful candidate to develop his/her knowledge and expertise in areas they wish to advance in as part of our thriving EU Public Policy team.
Brexit has created challenges, but in our case also opportunities as Optimity remains fully committed to the work with the European Institutions. Our team is therefore expanding and opening an office in Germany (Berlin) in the near future. As we need help to set up the new office, the post is initially based in London, but with a view to relocating to Berlin within one year.
Our European practice has a dedicated focus working for the European Institutions, including the European Commission, the European Parliament and other EU agencies. Our expanding range of projects includes evaluation, impact assessments, research, analysis and advice on policies and programmes for DG HOME, DG JUST, DG ECFIN, DG R&I, DG CONNECT, DG EAC, DG GROW, DG SANTE, FRA, EIGE and Chafea. Our highly-skilled, multi-cultural team has a range of educational and professional backgrounds and is passionate about EU public policy, which is key to our success and continued growth.
In addition to our new Berlin office, we have offices in London, Brussels, Los Angeles, New York, Washington DC and Zurich. Our team provides advisory, consultancy, transformation and data services to the public policy, health, media & entertainment, financial services and insurance industries.
The day job:
What you will do on a day-to-day basis will vary depending on what projects and proposals we are working on at the time. You will be working on a whole breadth of projects for organisations such as the European Commission, European Parliament and other European Institutions, and help us generate new business in areas of interest. Working in or managing multiple project teams you are likely to be:
- Actively contributing to the design of client projects, taking into account client needs and commercial viability;
- Manage day-to-day project implementation for several projects, ensuring client needs are met, monitoring progress, delegating appropriately and ensuring a fair balance of resources;
- Manage project teams with a view to achieving established project goals for evaluations, impact assessments and other research projects;
- Manage client and stakeholder relationships. Act as external day-to-day contact;
- Manage the delivery and submission of proposals for evaluations, impact assessments and other research projects;
- Maintain commercial awareness by understanding cost implications of decisions and action; undertake budget discussions with subcontractors under direction;
- Supervising junior staff and quality assuring their work, by providing constructive feedback and creating on-the project learning opportunities;
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the grade and post and the acknowledged skills of the Senior Consultant.
Here are the skills and experiences we need – are you a fit with us?:
- Proven success of managing research or consultancy projects and proposals (evaluations, impact assessments and other research projects) in an organisation that works closely with European Institutions;
- Academically well-qualified, ideally in a relevant field (i.e. social research, humanities, politics, law, research methods etc.);
- In-depth practical and theoretical knowledge of different primary/secondary research methodologies & techniques;
- Ability to manage varied workload to achieve agreed deadlines without compromising quality or standards;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with an ability to propose imaginative and practical solutions; an inquisitive mind and an aptitude to constructively challenge assumptions;
- Ability to work independently to high standards of consistency and accuracy coupled with the confidence to know the boundaries of own knowledge and to ask for help when needed;
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information;
- Excellent oral and written English;
- Competency in Microsoft Office – main applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- In-depth knowledge of the European Commission’s Better Regulation Guidelines and understanding how these are applied;
- Self-motivated team player; committed and results-orientated with a desire to achieve goals and targets; ability to demonstrate a can-do attitude;
- Ability to present and communicate complex ideas clearly and to engage in constructive discussions, with audiences of different backgrounds and sizes;
- Ability to work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams spread across different countries and time zones;
- Additional European languages highly desirable.
How to Apply
How to applyDo you have these competencies and skills? Please apply!
- Please send your CV and a cover letter through to email@example.com.
154 total views, 1 today