Full-Time Executive Assistant
EATG is looking for an Executive Assistant (EA). The EA will assist the Executive Director and lead the EATG team in its administrative functions. S/he will organize and supervise the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the secretariat in Brussels. The EA will equally assist the Financial Manager in performing accounting and follow up/monitoring of financial tasks and transactions.
How to apply:
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching one file containing a cover letter (maximum 1 page) and a CV (maximum 2 pages) in English, detailing your competencies and experience relevant to this role and your reasons for applying for the post.
The file name must include the job title and your full name e.g. Executive Assistant_Jane Selby.
The email subject must include the position name only.
Application deadline: midnight CET, 15th May 2017
Interview days: week starting 29th May 2017, in Brussels
Type of Position: Full-time, Permanent
Working hours per week: 38
Monthly salary (EUR): 3400 – 3800 EUR gross, depending on experience
Starting Date: 1st July 2017
Any application arriving after the deadline or without the stipulated file requirements will not be considered. Only pre-selected candidates will receive a reply.
Terms of reference
Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases the EA will be:
Office Management (40%)
- managing filing systems;
- managing development and implementation new administrative systems, e.g. for the saving of data; updating contacts etc.;
- developing and implementing office policies and procedures;
- organising the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment;
- recording office expenditure and managing the budget;
- following up on service provider contracts (renewal, ending etc.);
- maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs;
- arranging regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices.
- overseeing the office during the absence of the Executive Director;
- writing reports for senior management and delivering presentations;
- preparing reports (e.g. Annual Activity Report and GA Report);
- supporting fundraising proposals:
- taking up other tasks as allocated by Executive Director;
- dissemination of documents to external stakeholders;
- preparation of meetings with external stakeholders;
- replacing the Executive Director during his absence.
- drafting, filing and following up on contracts (renewal, ending, probation period…);
- checking timesheets especially with regards to project planning organizing;
- printing and filing of timesheets in line with EC project regulations;
- chairing meetings with staff (incl. setting up agenda and taking minutes);
- monitoring staff holidays and overtime and report any irregularities or excess to Executive Director;
- overseeing the recruitment of new staff, including training and induction;
- reviewing and updating health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed;
- ensuring coverage for absences and peaks in workload;
- carrying out staff appraisals, managing performance and disciplining staff;
- delegating work to staff and managing their workload and output;
- promoting staff development and training;
- implementing and promoting equality and diversity policy;
- liaising with Securex for HR related issues; making sure work rules are up to date;
- preparing salaries including annual calculation of indexation, holiday pay, 13th month, Ecocheques, changes of status or address etc.;
- collecting and filing sickness or other absence notes when necessary;
- overseeing individual staff work plans;
- organizing team building activities.
Financial assistance (60%)
The Executive Assistant will provide financial assistance in the implementation of finance related activities. Other tasks will be agreed upon in mutual agreement based on the needs.
- Management of petty cash including on-site payments where necessary;
- Supervising invoices and payments (requests for payment, requests for reimbursement and credit card statements;
- Coordinate, draft, track and file contracts with members and consultants;
- Monitoring internal budgets;
- Monitoring all events’ budgets alongside Events Coordinator;
- All internal financial reporting;
- Tracking external reimbursements (sending out payment requests, tracking payments received);
- Recording, tracking and reporting of social accounting;
- Sending membership fee request letters and payment reminders and tracking those payments together with Declaration of Interest (DOI), etc.;
- Replacing the Financial Manager in her absence;
- Request or prepare entertainment forms where relevant, and file accordingly;
- Support the work within the finance committee.
For a candidate to participate in the selection for this position, s/he must meet at least the following minimum requirements:
- At least 3 years of experience in a HR role in Belgium, preferably including staff management;
- At least 3 years of experience in a financial role, preferably in an NGO;
- Excellent coordination and organisation skills as well as strong time management skills;
- Good social skills; being able to motivate people;
- Be a team player, accountable and able to work autonomously;
- Very good MS excel and word skills;
- Excellent command of English;
- Good command of Dutch or French;
- Eligibility to work in Belgium.
- Good command of German;
- Knowledge of German accounting software “DATEV”.
355 total views, 1 today