Full-Time Events Organiser
The Party of European Socialists (PES) is a European political party, which brings together Socialist, Social Democratic, Democratic and Labour Parties of the European Union. There are 33 full member parties from the 28 EU member and Norway. In addition, there are eleven associate and ten observer parties. Our office is based in Brussels.
The PES is looking for an Events Organiser to take care of the logistical preparation and organisation of meetings and events in Brussels and EU member states. This includes planning, contacts with suppliers, coordination of security, preparation and overseeing the budget of events, booking of venues and hotels, contact with travel agencies and all other tasks to help make PES events a success.
- Planning, project management and organisation of international events and meetings;
- Logistical coordination of PES events and meetings;
- Conducting research, coordinating site visits and booking of suitable venues or locations for European and international conferences, events and meetings;
- Preparing, calculating, monitoring and managing event budgets, asking for quotes and responsible for proper tendering;
- Negotiating with service providers (catering, technique, security, travel agencies etc.);
- Liaising with police and security teams on security protocols;
- Communicating with member parties and partners on logistics;
- Set up of meeting room layouts and technical requirements for events;
- Writing screenplays and timings for events;
- Post-event evaluation;
- Reporting directly to the Deputy Secretary General in charge;
- Contributing to other duties as assigned.
- A high degree of political awareness and commitment to the core values of the PES;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience. Experience at a member party or parliamentary group would be an asset;
- An organisational talent who is friendly and pro-active;
- Flexible, stress resistant and has the capacity to improvise;
- Excellent English and a good communication level in French;
- A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness;
- A high level of analytical, organizational and time management skills;
- Frequent travelling is required;
- A good command of office IT and social media skills.
How to ApplyPlease send your application letter, accompanied by a detailed CV attached to your email to the attention of Ms. Laffeber, PES Deputy Secretary General, by 22/05/2017. Mention the following in the subject field of your e-mail: Events Organiser. Your application should be submitted by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The initial contract is for one year with the possibility to extend until the European elections in 2019. The PES promotes gender balance and equal opportunities for women and men.
748 total views, 2 today