Full-Time EU Public Affairs Manager
EU Public Affairs Manager
The European Association of the Machine Tool Industries (CECIMO) is looking for a new staff member to join its dynamic team based in Brussels. Founded in 1950, CECIMO is recognized as the worldwide representative of the common interests and values of the European manufacturers of this key enabling technology. CECIMO is the European platform which identifies and promotes strategic initiatives to improve the global competitiveness and leadership of the European Advanced Manufacturing Industry.
About the role
The EU Public Affairs Manager of our leading European Association will take on a challenging and exciting position that combines strategic thinking and practical actions to shape the future of an innovative sector. He/she will contribute to the grand societal challenges of our times. Our sector, its eco-system and therefore CECIMO are evolving drastically and he/she will get the opportunity to be part in shaping the strategy of CECIMO to be a front-line player. We need an experienced advisor who thinks out of the box and responds quickly to the new trends for our industry.
He/she must love EU public affairs and advocacy. She/he should also be strong in project management, have excellent organisational and communication skills and be eager to improve the competitiveness and sustainability of advanced manufacturing.
The successful candidate will work on EU regulatory and policy issues, mainly in the field of industrial policy, circular economy, research, innovation, skills and education, with a specific focus on the digital single market, digital economy and society. He/she will deal with issues related to Smart Manufacturing, Factory of the Future, Internet of Things, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, CyberSecurity and 3D printing or Additive Manufacturing.
He/she will be closely involved in all aspects of the daily management of the association, leading the organisation of our main events and publications, as well as the communication strategy.
The successful candidate possesses intelligence, education, demonstrated leadership and experience in dealing with national, European and International institutions and stakeholders on a wide range of public policy matters. She/he will actively contribute to the management of the association and its membership.
- Promote, actively represent and defend the sector in front of EU decision makers and other stakeholders, mainly on industrial policy issues;
- Define and implement actions to help European manufacturers coping with key issues (regulatory, technical, trade and economic) in Europe and in our export markets (China, USA, etc);
- Monitor and analyse EU policies and legislation and their possible impacts on the industry;
- Write high quality reports and position papers in a timely manner;
- Maintain a network with various governmental and industry stakeholders, develop new strategic partnerships and coalitions, and mobilise key stakeholders to support legal, political and social change.
- Manage EU funded projects (as project leader) about skills, with a focus on Additive Manufacturing;
- Assist the Director General in defining the strategy and priorities of CECIMO, as well as in the daily management of the Association (HR, budget, statutory and legal requirements);
- Assist the Director General in chairing the General Managers meetings, and manage the experts working groups;
- Lead the organization of our main events (seminars, workshops and exhibition stands);
- Prepare communication materials, including the bi-annual magazine: define the topic, the contributions and draft articles;
- Prepare briefing notes, speeches and presentations for the President, the Director General and the Board members;
- Give presentations to the Board and the General Assembly, as well as at external events for different stakeholders.
Desired skills and experience:
Capability to take initiative, be self-motivated, to plan and work independently, while being a strong and reliable team player. Experience in advocacy. with a strong interest in new technologies and business models.
- University degree in economics, law, international relations, political or social sciences or related field, preferably a specialisation in European Studies;
- Work experience in a national, European or international trade association, organisation or NGO;
- Good understanding of European institutions, policies and programmes (research, innovation industrial, trade, education, environmental and energy policies);
- Interest in new technologies and business models, advanced manufacturing industry and issues surrounding it like digitisation;
- Experience or interest in managing EU funded projects and R&D projects;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically. Excellent political judgment and understanding of political dynamics;
- Demonstrated capacity to find innovative ways to respond to emerging organisational needs;
- Experience in organisation of events and conferences, marketing and communication;
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and oral) and ability to write clear and straightforward reports and articles. Capacity to transform complex issues into simple, concise and understandable messages for diverse audiences;
- Good computer skills (MS Office pack, in particular Power Point and Excel).
- An exciting and multicultural working environment with the opportunity to gain broad experience in an innovative industrial sector and a multinational association;
- Great variety of tasks, networking opportunities, international experience and travel abroad;
- Report directly to the Director General;
- Start date: as soon as possible.
How to ApplyPlease send your application (CV + cover letter) to EARS – European Affairs Recruitment Specialists by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25 May. We will confirm the proper receipt of your application immediately.
382 total views, 2 today