Full-Time EU Policy Advisor
EU Policy Advisor
The policy advisor in Steptoe’s Brussels office supports a range of practices across the firm.
The policy advisor provides policy advice and strategic representation before the EU institutions for the firm’s clients, including governments (in particular, non-EU), non-sovereign jurisdictions, and corporate clients. The policy advisor has a particular focus on financial institutions, the re/insurance sector and trade associations.
The policy advisor works closely with Steptoe’s lawyers to advise clients on changes to:
- Legislation and supervisory regulation and practice affecting the financial and re/insurance sector;
- EU tax law and policy affecting the financial sector;
- Third country market access to the European single market, equivalence of legislation and selected trade negotiations (e.g. Brexit and TTIP);
- The EU personal data protection framework, cybersecurity law and policy, and anti-money laundering legislation;
- EU export control and sanctions regulations.
Other areas of practice where the policy advisor support the firm’s lawyers include environment and life sciences, antitrust and regulatory compliance.
Areas of Practice:
- Financial Services;
- Corporate, Securities & Finance;
- Export Control & EU Customs;
- EU Law;
- EU Regulatory Compliance;
- Insurance & Reinsurance;
- International Regulation & Compliance;
- International Trade & Investment;
- London & Brussels Insurance, Reinsurance & Regulatory Practice;
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & National Security.
- Degree: Public Policy and Management.
- 3 – 5 years.
How to Apply
- a current CV (including names of 2 referees who can be contacted);
- copies of certificates for each educational or vocational qualification (including grades achieved);
- and two recent English writing samples of your own work.
235 total views, 1 today