Full-Time EU Policy Advisor
EU Policy Advisor
COWI Belgium is currently seeking an expert with consultancy experience and sound understanding of EU policies as well as project management experience. We are looking for an experienced consultant in one or more of the following sector: energy, transport, regional development, environment and climate action.
We are seeking to complement our policy team with an EU Policy Advisor with an educational background in economics or political science and with skills in research, analysis, writing and communication. Successful candidates will have proven capacity to lead and manage projects and teams independently.
COWI Belgium is the Brussels office of COWI which is an international consulting group working worldwide within engineering, environmental science and economics. COWI Belgium specialises in working with EU institutions including evaluations and impact assessments of EU policies and programmes as well as providing Technical Assistance in sectors such as energy, transport, regional development, climate and environment.
Key tasks will include the following:
- Research and development of analytical reports on European policy topics according to area of expertise and interest;
- Manage project teams;
- Manage projects to budget while ensuring that deadline and quality objectives are met;
- Support business development, including development and drafting of proposals;
- Liaison and meeting with clients to review and report project progress;
- Contribute towards the strategic vision of the business;
- Working with different disciplines available in the COWI group and within an international and multicultural environment.
Key qualifications for the position:
- Master’s degree or higher in economics or political science, and preferably with links to one or more of the relevant sectors: transport, energy, regional development, environment and climate action;
- Minimum 5 years prior work experience including project management, proposal development, research and analysis; more experienced candidates will also be considered;
- Background and experience in European public policy analysis;
- In-depth knowledge of sector-specific EU policies;
- Knowledge of Better Regulation guidelines is an advantage;
- Experience in working for or with EU institutions is an advantage;
- Project and team management experience;
- An independent, pro-active personality;
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work on a wide range of policy issues;
- Clear, concise and accurate writing skills in English, including the ability to review and edit the work of others;
- Knowledge of other EU languages in addition to English desirable.
Salary level will be in accordance with qualifications including pension scheme and benefits.
- Please answer all questions and attach CV and cover letter (max 2 pages) quoting Reference: EUPOLADV
- COWI Belgium would like to fill this position by early 2017. The deadline for applications is 10 January 2017.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- COWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- For further information: www.COWI-Belgium.be.
How to Applyhttp://www.cowi-belgium.be/menu/jobs/
515 total views, 1 today