Full-Time Education Adviser
We are looking for an Education Adviser to join us and contribute to the education strategy and plan through the provision of technical support to Country Offices on proposals, funded programmes, country education strategies, with a strong focus on MEAL frameworks.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our UK and Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-laterals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Education Advisor – Research, Evidence and Learning you will be responsible for contributing to the design and delivery of our education programming and the development of SC UK’s education strategy. You will provide high quality technical support to Country Offices to ensure all programmes are delivered at the highest quality for children. You will also:
- Collaborate effectively with key colleagues to mobilise relevant sections of Save the Children to support strategic fundraising and secure financial support for our education network
- Provide Education-MEAL technical assistance in the delivery of funded programmes
- Contribute to building evidence from our work and disseminating this among key audiences
- Be up to date on relevant global education policy and programming within and beyond the SC movement with a focus on basic education
- Represent SC UK in relevant international Save the Children working groups and on other relevant education networks
To be successful you will have an internationally recognised post graduate degree and/or equivalent experience in education programmes with strong quantitative research skills and a clear understanding of child rights principles. You will be confident and articulate, with an ambition to increase the impact of our work. Well-developed negotiation and communication skills, including spoken and written English, are essential. You will also have:
- Practical experience of working in a matrix-managed context and promoting change across multiple networks
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with the ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to analyse complex data and to summarise and communicate this to a range of audiences and cultures
- Experience in the design, implementation and management of education programmes in an international context
- Commitment to team working and support for cross-organisational initiatives.
At Save the Children our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
How to Apply
1859 total views, 1 today