This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
11 May 2017
Full-Time Doctoral Assistant in the Area of Environmental Chemistry
Doctoral Assistant in the Area of Environmental Chemistry
- You perform research in the field of Environmental Chemistry, situated within the research group Sustainable Energy, Air and Water Technology (DuEL), part of the Department of Bioscience Engineering where different aspects of air quality form an overarching research theme;
- You have research knowledge and experience in photocatalysis or plasmacatalysis for sustainable air purification or renewable energy applications;
- You support the daily operation of the research group and the supervision of BSc project work, MSc and PhD theses;
- You compete to obtain externally funded research grants;
- You are willing to represent the research group on national and international scientific forums and events;
- You lecture parts of and assists with Environmental Chemistry (3 credits, in Dutch), Catalysis (4 credits, in Dutch), Chemical analytical technology (6 credits, in Dutch), Project including internship (8 credits, in English) and Integrated practical exercises in chemistry and food technology (4 credits, in Dutch), and provide support to related courses;
- You provide academic services: you offer support for industrial consultancy projects, and are prepared to represent the department on internal and external events and participate in student recruiting events.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctoral degree (PhD) in Bioscience engineering (Applied biological sciences) with a chemical specialization or related, with demonstrable affinity for environmental chemistry and sustainable energy;
- You have demonstrable research experience in photo- and/or plasmacatalysis applicable in air purification or sustainable energy, demonstrated through a strong publication track record in this field;
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university;
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy;
- You are knowledgeable and experienced in international and national research grant applications;
- You combine the aspiration for high quality with a result-oriented attitude;
- You have outstanding oral and written communication skills in English;
- You are proactive and creative in finding solutions;
- You can work independently with limited supervision on your own topic, but are also a team player within the research group;
- You work efficiently, and plan strictly towards deadlines.
How to Applyhttps://www.uantwerpen.be/en/jobs/vacancies/ap/2017aapfwetex135/
386 total views, 2 today