This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
15 May 2017
Full-Time Director Project Department
Director Project Department
- You lead the Project Department consisting of 9 collaborators and you are part of the Executive Board;
- You are responsible for the planning, implementation, management and for the project control of your department within the strategic plan of Damien Foundation;
- You develop and coordinate the implementation of the knowledge development plan for the Project Department staff members and you afford the necessary assistance for the implementation of this plan within the projects;
- You coordinate and report on the activities and results of the projects and the Project Department.
- You have a wide and proven experience in an international environment, in the NGO-sector, in medical projects, preferably abroad within the context of development cooperation;
- You are an expert in the field of project management and/or organizational structures as well as in terms of financial policy;
- You lead your team and you inspire and motivate the staff at the same time. Together with your staff members you actively participate in the collective effort;
- You analyze the problems thoroughly, convert them into challenges and deal with these in the right and relevant way. You show a dynamic, innovative and forward-looking vision;
- You have an excellent knowledge of English and sufficient knowledge of French and Dutch. Practical knowledge of Spanish would be an asset. You have good editing skills;
- You are well aware of the social aspects of poverty-related diseases as well as the issue of disability;
- You are willing to travel abroad for the follow-up of the projects and for participating in meetings, seminars and conferences;
- You have a PhD in Medicine or in Biomedical Sciences and you have experience in disease control (leprosy, tuberculosis, HIV, NTD, etc.). Additional knowledge in public health and tropical medicine or in the field of medical research is an asset.
- A captivating and varied function inside an organization driven by its mission;
- A function where initiative, creativity and energy are strongly encouraged;
- A full-time employment contract for an indefinite period;
- An attractive salary with extralegal benefits.
How to ApplyApplications are to be send to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
227 total views, 1 today