Internship Digital Learning Intern
Aflatoun International is a non-governmental organization focusing on educating children about their rights and responsibilities and managing natural and financial resources through social and financial education. Children are empowered to make a positive change in their lives and in their communities, with the aim of ultimately leading them to breaking the cycle of poverty in which many find themselves. Headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherlands, The Aflatoun programme is currently implemented in 116 countries and reaches 4.1 million children per year. A big number of these young people are now saving or have started an enterprise.
Through Aflatoun programmes children are inspired to discover their talents and put them to use, to stand up for their rights and those of their communities, to play games and to solve problems. They learn how to save, how to budget and how to set up social and financial enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their neighborhoods.
Aflatoun employs the social franchise model whereby partners have ownership of the programme. The secretariat develops curricula in collaboration with its partners and provides them with technical assistance, network support, advocacy and training materials to implement the Aflatoun methodology.
Aflatoun has been ranked at the 29th place in the NGO world TOP500 by Global Geneva, a non-profit platform.
Aflatoun has a multidisciplinary team of professionals. We are now looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Digital Learning Coordinator to join us in our mission.
The Digital Learning Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the Basic Training and implementation. The Digital Learning Coordinator will work to further student, teacher, and administrator use and understanding of integrating technology tools, and strategies to enhance student learning and increase student engagement at target schools by:
- Integrating digital content to support Aflatoun programme.
- Supporting the integration of tablets as learning tools in classrooms and intervention settings
- Providing job-embedded professional development to classroom teachers and other instructional support staff
- Using digital content to increase student engagement through collaboration and communication
- Designing and developing age-appropriate digital learning experiences and assessments
- Using technology to promote student-centered learning environments
- Promoting and modelling digital citizenship and responsibility.
- Current or recent post-graduate student in Education, International Development or other relevant field, preferably with a focus on innovation and technology.
- Good understanding of technology for development concepts, innovations and challenges.
- Very comfortable with technology, learning new systems and coaching others on their use. Some basic coding skills would be an advantage.
- Strategic thinker, able to contribute to product development and marketing of new innovations.
- Skills in the area of educational technology an advantage.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills required. We are looking for a native or near-native English speaker. Knowledge of additional languages such as Dutch, French, Arabic, Spanish, German or Russian is an advantage
- Ability to successfully build and foster relationships with colleagues, administration, and partners communities required.
- Ability to interpret data and recommend digital resources that support student growth and learning required
Works under the immediate supervision of the Director Partnerships and Strategies. Expected to work independently exercised. Travel as assigned and as necessary. Some flexible hours will be required to support professional development. Attendance at evening and weekend meetings and events may be required.
Conditions of Employment:
We offer a dynamic and pleasant multicultural working environment, with an maximum stipend of €350 per month ( for a student enrolled in a Masters programme) based on a 40 hours week and depending on educational background and working experience
How to ApplyConditions of Employment: Please send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com at the latest by the 30-06-2017
501 total views, 1 today