Full-Time Consulting Senior Manager
Consulting Senior Manager
Grade: Senior Manager
Business Unit: Consulting – Financial Services
Location: London – Tower Bridge House
Reporting To: Partner
Key Relationships: Monitoring Trustee Team
The role will involve project based assignments at our London office, working within the Monitoring Trustee Team.
The Monitoring Trustee team is a small, dynamic consultancy team providing companies, advisors and regulatory authorities with advice on the design, implementation and monitoring of competition remedies in merger, anti-trust and State aid cases.
An opportunity has arisen for an individual with excellent financial analyst skills and experience of M&A transactions to work on a number of projects with our existing team of economists and lawyers.
The role will be based in London, involving some travel to meet our international clients across Europe and beyond.
As a Senior Manager, you will be required to:
- Manage/Lead small- to large-sized and multidisciplinary engagement teams;
- Assist the Monitoring Trustee partner in monitoring compliance with the remedies offered to the competition authorities, with a focus on divestment commitments, monitoring the financial performance of businesses, the sales process and assessing the proposed buyers financial resources and business plans;
- Manage project execution and delivery of client engagements, making sure the project is delivered within the agreed timeline and budget;
- Identify likely issues that could impact delivery and leverage Mazars network support as required;
- Interact with multiple key stakeholders on a regular basis (clients, competition authorities, clients’ legal and financial advisors);
- Draft regular reports to competition authorities with the assistance of more junior staff, and under the supervision of engagement partners;
- Identify business development opportunities and prepare client proposals in order to contribute to meeting the Consulting team’s sales budget. As a Senior Manager the role would include leading the development of opportunities in line with key areas of development;
- Assist in/lead the development of training, engagement procedures and methodologies;
- Mentor, coach and develop more junior staff.
- Extensive experience working with in a professional services organisation, managing financial due diligence, financial advisory and/or other transaction related engagements;
- Experience in transaction services and monitoring trustee services;
- Strong academic background with financial qualifications such as ACA or CFA (or equivalent);
- Experience of competition economics and competition policy would be advantageous;
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data with a critical eye, generate insights and construct solutions are required;
- Flexible, self-motivated, able to perform consistently at a high level under pressure, extremely well organised with high attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines, have exceptional written and verbal communications skills and be able to work both autonomously and as part of a small team;
- Experience of being in a client-facing role with an ability to build and develop relationships with all key stakeholders;
- A working knowledge of another European language (German, French or other) will be advantageous;
- Strong IT skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word);
- The ability to analyse large amounts of data.
What’s in it for you
At Mazars we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach to benefits. We want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
“my” is a scheme that you manage through a personalised online system. In addition to the core benefits, it lets you pick options from a range of benefits that we have negotiated to take advantage of a combination of Mazars’ buying power and tax breaks. This way you select the benefit package that suits you and the needs of your family!
Benefits are organised into five categories: my family, my finance & security, my leisure & lifestyle, my health & wellbeing and my charitable giving.
Winner National Firm of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards 2015.
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, advisory, accounting and tax services. The Group operates in 73 countries and draws on the expertise of 15,000 professionals to assist major international groups, SMEs, private investors and public bodies at every stage in their development. In the UK, Mazars has over 1700 partners and staff serving clients from 19 offices, and is ranked as the ninth largest firm nationally.
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work. We are looking for people who embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems. We are also looking for people who can work well with others and like to work amongst a diverse team of people from different backgrounds.
The more we grow as individuals; the more Mazars grows.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
Our firm has thrived because of the quality of our individuals – the work we do makes a long-term difference to our clients’ successes and goals, our rich culture has evolved from the firms that have come together to form Mazars. Mazars has chosen the option of being a truly integrated firm; each partner has the right to vote on the strategic decisions including the future of the partnership. This kind of responsibility is central to our principles and practices. With a global network of offices, we continue to encourage our people to express themselves openly – to add their individual talents and opinions to the Mazars mosaic.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Facts & Figures
Mazars is not only ranked as the eighth largest UK partnership by audit fee income, but we are also one of Europe’s largest accounting firms with a huge global presence.
Mazars in the UK has over 140 partners and over 1700 employees working at our 19 offices. Our UK overall fee income grew from £130.9m in 2014 to £149.7m in 2015.
Mazars endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, at times when we do need to engage with agencies, Mazars operates within a preferred supplier list (PSL) and only work and partner with recruitment suppliers where our agreed contractual terms are in place.
How to Applyhttp://www.mazars.co.uk/Home/Join-our-teams/Recruiters https://mazarscareers.engageats.co.uk/ViewVacancyV2.aspx?enc=mEgrBL4XQK0+ld8aNkwYmP1mIBh9pe06CEB/AF3NBTVgS2G+aBWqHzj+Z82z0OqfDMSCmNL4rw92f6QSw2uVj3LchjY+Bbw6IpbBHNWmGmCXYY7KpqCl8HwG7Gd0aJGcIBU9QBR43JhbaR8HpdsdHQ==
1138 total views, 1 today