Full-Time Consultant – Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) Officer
Consultant – Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) Officer
Position Title : Consultant – Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) Officer
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Consultant, Grade OTHE
Type of Appointment : Consultant, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 11 January 2017
Reference Code: CON 2016/40
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration
and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM
is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by
providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director of the Department of Emergencies (DOE)
and the overall direction of the Deputy Director of the Department of Operations and
Emergencies, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development of the IOM
Framework for Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Undertake a comprehensive review of existing AAP strategies and practices within the organization while also reviewing other relevant documents and partners’ strategies on the topic (including documents from CHS Alliance/UN/ICRC/NGO/etc.).
- Based on desk review develop a summary report of findings including best practice, challenges, gaps and recommendations.
- Convene and consult with the inter-departmental working group on AAP and with relevant other internal stakeholders on the process of framework development.
- Draft, share for consultation and engage in a process of approval of IOM’s AAP framework.
- Develop and consolidate existing tools on AAP in line with the framework that can guide IOM staff in improving the integration of AAP principles and practice in programme implementation.
- Consult with other stakeholders within the humanitarian community as well as in other sectors to identify innovative approaches/tools for AAP.
- Organize and follow-up consultation events with external partners on the draft AAP framework.
- Ensure that all IOM missions involved in crisis response and relevant IOM stakeholders are aware and have access to the approved AAP framework and its associated tools.
- Support the integration of AAP perspectives into strategic planning and programme implementation.
- Contribute to the establishment of a system to monitor and document efforts by Missions to apply AAP principles into the development of projects and the implementation of activities (including success stories, challenges, etc.).
- Steer the development of a short AAP video on the key principles of the framework.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed advanced university degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Political Science and/or International Relations or related area.
- Five years of relevant professional experience (or seven years for candidates with first level university degree) in an international organization in research and project development, implementation and evaluation;
- Experience working on Accountability to Affected Population (AAP) initatives with UN or international organizations;
- Thorough knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods and familiarity with migration matters;
- Excellent knowledge of environmental degradation and climate change specific research;
- Excellent drafting skills, experience in writing papers, briefings, articles and with own work published desirable;
- Proven expertise in project development with a research component, fund raising, collaboration with other international organizations and network/partnership building;
- Training and experience in conducting research studies preferred and capacity to present research results in international events;
- Good level of computer literacy.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and Spanish an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
How to ApplyInterested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 11 January 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to: http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-... In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system. Posting period: From 22.12.2016 to 11.01.2017
196 total views, 1 today