Full-Time Communications Manager
The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international non-governmental organization whose mission is to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants – regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. In collaboration with governmental and non-governmental partners, and through a worldwide network of members, ICMC implements and advocates for right-based policies and sustainable solutions to address global migration challenges. ICMC’s operations are aimed to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals and communities, and focus on protection, humanitarian assistance, resettlement, and migration and development.
SCOPE OF WORK
The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is seeking a Communications Manager, based in Geneva, Switzerland.
The Communications Manager will work closely with ICMC’s leadership to design the Commission’s communications strategy and oversee its implementation. She/he will be responsible for ICMC’s communication activities and outputs, including websites, social media, e-newsletters, media and public relations, and marketing materials.
· Oversee communications policies and guidelines, manage the ICMC brand and ensure the production of high-quality work;
· Identify and manage upcoming communications opportunities and priorities and implement communication plans in collaboration with program teams;
· Supervise communications staff at headquarters and liaise closely with staff in liaison offices who have some responsibilities with communication activities;
· Develop and cultivate relationships with international and country-based journalists to raise ICMC’s profile and highlight migration issues;
· Write and edit a variety external communication materials, such as news releases, stories, op-eds, project updates and reports;
· Participate in field missions to gather materials, stories and social media content to be used for communication purposes;
· Manage the ICMC website, including day-to-day publication of content and longer-term renovations and development;
· Build communications capacity within the organization by organizing training sessions for staff members;
· Develop a pool of trusted professional communicators who could serve in consultant capacity to expand ICMC capacity as needed;
· Manage ICMC’s social media channels;
· Develop ICMC’s internal communications to better share information and knowledge and inspire improved cooperation between ICMC Headquarters and affiliated/field offices;
· Support fundraising activities through the organization of events, production of marketing materials, and leveraging ICMC’s website and social media platforms to reach a diverse set of supporters;
· Establish plans to measure and evaluate the impact of ICMC’s communications, contribute to donor reporting and manage the publication of the annual report.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or relevant field;
· University degree in related field, advanced degree and/or certificates an asset;
· Superior communications skills, both spoken and written. Fluency in English and a second language preferable;
· Strong leadership and people management skills;
· Proven ability to develop and execute strategic and creative communication strategies;
· Experience in the humanitarian sector desirable;
· Excellent oral, editing and writing skills;
· Strong creative problem-solving and detail oriented;
· Ability to manage competing priorities;
· Ability to lead, coach, motivate a diverse team.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should submit a detailed CV of maximum four pages, a motivation letter and two professional references with full and up to date contact details via email, to Melisa Ogliastri at ogliastri (at) icmc.net. The closing date for receipt of applications is 30 May 2017. Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified. ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age. Applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
327 total views, 4 today