Full-Time Communications Manager
In Barcelona, EFI hosts the EU FLEGT Facility and the EU REDD Facility, which support partner countries, the European Commission, EU Delegations and EU Member States in the implementation of the EU FLEGT Action Plan and REDD+ activities. FLEGT also has project offices in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and in Beijing, China. Further information about the EU FLEGT and REDD facilities is available at www.euflegt.efi.int and www.euredd.efi.int.
The Communications Manager will lead the communication activities of EU FLEGT and REDD facilities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the EFI Barcelona communications team as well as a roster of external consultants;
- Support the development and implementation of communication strategies to foster good forest and land-use governance, and create global visibility for the advances achieved;
- Update, implement and measure the EU FLEGT and REDD facilities’ communication strategies and align them with the expectations of the donors;
- Provide strategic communication advice to FLEGT partner countries and EU REDD Facility country actions;
- Lead the planning and implementation of content development, editorial and knowledge management processes, including the use of digital tools, for both facilities and among close partners;
- Conceptualise, write and repurpose content about FLEGT and REDD+, including web content, speeches, publications, briefings, talking points, key messages, presentations, videos, illustrations and other products.
- Degree in journalism, communication or other relevant fields;
- Minimum 10 years’ professional communication experience;
- Proven skills in managing teams and external experts;
- Exceptional skills in strategic communications in complex multi-stakeholder environments;
- Experience in working with the European institutions, with/in developing countries, and a large range of stakeholders on complex and politically sensitive issues, as well as developing partner and stakeholder relations;
- Long-term experience in developing international journalist and media networks;
- Exceptional writing and content development skills, with demonstrated achievement developing highly accessible content for a variety of audiences in multimedia formats;
- Experience in communicating about forest and/or natural resource related issues an advantage;
- Fluency in English; fluency in French is an advantage.
The post is based at the EFI Barcelona Office in Barcelona, Spain.
The Communications Manager will be an EFI staff member. The initial duration of employment will be five years including a six-month probation period. EFI offers a competitive benefits and salary package.
How to ApplyInterested candidates are requested to send their CV with a motivation letter by 2nd April 2017, using our online application form. If it is not possible to apply online, please send your application to email@example.com. All applications will be treated confidentially. EFI is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about the post please contact Anne Autio, Head of Communications, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only candidates that have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
744 total views, 1 today