Internship Communications Internship
The Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies offers internships of three to six months for university graduates and young researchers from Europe and world-wide. The internship programme is intended to provide the trainees with the opportunity to deepen their knowledge of European affairs and to have close insights into the daily work of the European institutions in Brussels. Therefore, it constitutes an excellent experience for young graduates aspiring to pursue a career in the area of European politics and related fields. The added value of an internship with the Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies is the possibility to be involved in political activities and in the creation of new policy concepts at the European level. As the Centre is a young and evolving organisation, the traineeship gives a unique opportunity for the trainees to test their capacities and to see their ideas have a real impact in a dynamic environment.
For this position, the successful candidate is expected to assist the Communications Team.
Tasks of the position include:
- Assist in the development of communications campaigns related to the Martens Centre research and events;
- Together with the other members of the Communications Team, come up with fresh, innovative ideas for both formats and contents of these campaigns;
- Assist in monitoring traditional and social media impact of the Centre and identify strategies for growing target audiences;
- Provide general assistance with the upkeep and expansion of the Centre’s database of contacts, including identifying new, relevant stakeholders;
- Take part in the research projects of the Communications Team, including literature reviews, editing and other related tasks;
- Assist in the organization of events and conferences;
- Execute any other organisational and administrative tasks as needed.
- University degree in Communications and PR, political science, social science, journalism or any related disciplines;
- Good knowledge of European and international politics as well as familiarity with the history and the tradition of the Christian Democrat, Conservative and like-minded political parties of the EPP family;
- Creative, innovative, enthusiastic, out of the box thinker eager to establish and improve the external image and outreach of the Centre;
- Savviness and keen interest in social media tools and platforms;
- Be a team player able to follow internal and external workflows with precise deadlines;
- Proven communications, promotion, copywriting and advertising skills are a strong asset;
- Fluency in English, with proven writing skills; knowledge of additional languages is welcome.
The position is open to all young graduates with an academic background in European affairs and related fields holding a university degree, fluent in English, fully computer and internet literate and with good knowledge of European politics. Additional educational qualifications, experience in policy research and adequate knowledge of one or two more languages are considered assets.
How to ApplyInternships are remunerated on a level comparable to the internship programmes offered at the European institutions. Interested applicants should forward a detailed CV and a cover letter by email at email@example.com to the attention of Tomi Huhtanen, Executive Director. When applying, please mention in the subject-line of the email message ’Communications Internship’. The deadline for applications is 21 August. Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
540 total views, 3 today