Internship Communications Intern
Civitas Maxima Communications Intern Vacancy
Civitas Maxima (CM) coordinates a network of national and international lawyers and investigators who work for the interest of victims of international crimes. It operates in situations where no legal action to bring the perpetrators to justice has been successful and works in close partnership with the Global Justice and Research Project (GJRP) based in Monrovia. CM represents victims of war crimes and crimes against humanity from Liberia, Sierra Leone and Ivory Coast.
CM was registered in September 2012 as an association in Geneva, Switzerland, and is recognized by the Swiss authorities as a not-for-profit organization. CM is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information: www. civitas-maxima.org.
CM is looking for a full-time communications and social media intern from mid-August 2017 until mid-November 2017 to support the young organization’s growing communication needs.
The intern would work in close cooperation with the director on ensuring CM’s visibility through a social media campaign around upcoming public trials of alleged Liberian war criminals.
- Bachelor degree in communications and/or marketing. The candidate could still be in the process of obtaining her/his degree.
- Previous experience working in communications.
- Native or close to native English speaker.
- Knowledge of international law and/or international relations and experience working in/with West Africa is an asset.
- Fluent French would be an asset.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Respect for other cultures and value systems, flexibility, ability to work independently and to take initiative.
How to ApplyTo apply, send a CV and a short cover letter explaining your reasons for applying to this position to CM’s Legal Counsel Lisa-Marie Rudi (firstname.lastname@example.org) before August 4th, 18:00 Geneva time. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by August 7th. A small monthly stipend will be provided.
425 total views, 2 today