Full-Time Communications Coordinator
Reporting to: Executive Director
Contract: Full Time – CDI
The World Water Council is an international multistakeholder platform organisation whose mission is to mobilise action on critical water issues at all levels, including the highest decision‐making level, by engaging people in debate and challenging conventional thinking. The Council focuses on the political dimensions of water security, adaptation and sustainability.
The World Water Council is seeking to hire an experienced professional to undertake and coordinate the Council’s actions on communications, Press and Public Relations. The Communications Coordinator is expected to deliver high performance and results to achieve the strategic objectives of the Council.
- Craft and refine existing and future communications and press strategies of the World Water Council in alignment with its triennial strategy;
- Draft and implement effective workplans in order to realise successful outcomes for the communications and press strategies;
- Develop and assure high quality communications products and services (written, visual, multimedia and other);
- Establish and maintain media relations, develop press and media related material, manage media campaigns and assure strong global results in dissemination of Council messages and reputation;
- Provide coherence and coordination across communications efforts (traditional, digital and other) to target priority stakeholders of the Council (1,5);
- Develop and coordinate campaigns in alignment with the activities of the Council and in cooperations with related teams and stakeholders (eg programmes, membership);
- Coordinate small team of communications experts and third‐party contractors to deliver high quality and timely results;
- Provide advice to senior management on matters related to communications, press and public relations;
- Work effectively with the World Water Council Communications Task Force and related instances.
Due to evolving priorities within the World Water Council strategy, the candidate must be flexible in terms of allocation of complementary tasks.
- Master in communications, journalism, environment or water related fields, social or political sciences or international relations;
- Minimum 10 years working experience in related domains;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent knowledge of communications and press relations sectors including related the tools and networks;
- Experience in working within complex, international multi‐stakeholder landscape;
- Experience in campaign management, developing and coordinating initiatives with a range of partners.
- Understanding of water issues and international politics;
- Knowledge of French and/or other languages.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONSInterested candidates who meet the selection requirements are requested to send their curriculum vitae and a cover letter in English. This letter should explain the candidate’s experience with carrying out the above tasks and his/her fulfillment of the specified qualifications. The candidates should present the names and contact details of 3 references, including one recent employer. Applications can only be done through e‐mail and should be sent (no later than 3 September 2017) to: E‐mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
481 total views, 3 today