Internship Communications Assistant (internship)
Communications Assistant (internship)
The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international non-governmental organization whose mission is to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants – regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. In collaboration with governmental and non-governmental partners, and through a worldwide network of members, ICMC implements and advocates for right-based policies and sustainable solutions to address global migration challenges. ICMC’s operations are aimed to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals and communities, and focus on protection, humanitarian assistance, resettlement, and migration and development.
SCOPE OF WORK
The ICMC Communications Department, based at the headquarters in Geneva, is faced with increasing internal and external requests related to the growing concern for refugee and migration issues worldwide. In order to be able to respond to these demands, we are seeking to strengthen our team. The Communications Assistant will provide support to a wide range of communications activities, with a key focus on managing digital content and developing the organization’s contact database.
This is a full time, paid internship for the duration of one year.
- Organize and manage the filing of digital assets (documents, photos, videos), including the use of metadata.
- Organize an archive of all ICMC’s photos taken throughout the years, including historical pictures illustrating the early days of ICMC.
- Help producing, managing, and publishing multimedia content for the ICMC website and social media channels (video interviews, photos and videos of field projects, infographics, etc.).
- Further develop and maintain an accurate contact database, and manage different contact lists.
- Respond to enquiries (from refugees, partners, members and other stakeholders) sent to the general email address of ICMC.
- Contribute to the production of key communications materials (stories, news, brochures, reports, etc.).
- Contribute to social media efforts.
- Help with other administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master preferred) in communications, marketing, web publishing, graphic design or related field.
- Good knowledge and experience in using Adobe programs (such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and video editing tools.
- Good knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, Youtube among others).
- Experience with content management systems (Drupal in particular) is considered a strong asset.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Proactive approach to setting and meeting deadlines with limited supervision.
- Flexibility, creativity and effectiveness in working collaboratively in a small, but ambitious team.
- Knowledge and understanding of refugee and migrant issues desirable.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae (including 3 references with full and up-to-date contact details) and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Communications Assistant” in the subject line of your application. The closing date is 7 February 2015. Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. Owing to the high volume of applications ICMC usually receives, we regret that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified. ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age. Applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
1676 total views, 2 today