Internship Communications and PR Trainee
Communications and PR Trainee
Privacy Salon vzw (www.privacysalon.org) aims at sensibilising and critically informing the broader public, policy makers and industry in Belgium, Europe and beyond about privacy, data protection and other social and ethical issues that are raised with the introduction of new technologies in society. It co-organises the annual Computers, Privacy and Data Protection conference (www.cpdpconferences.org).
- Public relations and promotion of Privacy Salon’s signature events;
- Managing Privacy Salon’s relations with the international and national media outlets, developing relationships with key journalists;
- Drafting communications materials such as press releases, pitch letters, articles, fact sheets, event materials, promotional emails and other similar items;
- Developing web and social media content;
- Handling media inquiries;
- Developing and maintaining targeted media contact databases;
- Targeted media outreach; proactively researching coverage opportunities; identifying media opportunities in general and strengthening Privacy Salon’s press and media outreach;
- Other relevant duties as may be required.
- Educational background in communication studies or demonstrated strong interest and experience in communications, public relations, journalism, media, etc.;
- Excellent writer; track record in drafting excellent public relations/communications materials in English e.g. press releases, fact sheets and other press material;
- Highly proficient in English (native-speaker or equivalent), fluency in French language is a significant asset;
- Interest in privacy, data protection and other legal and ethical issues posed by technologies;
- Well organised and able to work with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Interest in Brussels culture and art scene;
- Graphic design skills;
- Knowledge of Dutch language.
We offer a paid traineeship contract for 3 months, with possible extension. Expected starting date is 1 September 2017.
How to ApplyDeadline for applications is 16 June 2017. Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Interviews are scheduled to take place in early July (on site in Brussels or via Skype). Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
301 total views, 2 today