Full-Time Communications and Media Coordinator
Communications and Media Coordinator
Health and Environment Alliance (HEAL) is looking for a Communications and Media Coordinator.
The Health and Environment Alliance (HEAL) is currently seeking a Communications and Media Coordinator to lead our communications work to optimise implementation of HEAL’s strategic vision and further strengthen our strong profile in environmental health. The successful candidate will coordinate the communications team, manage HEAL’s press and media relations, extend HEAL’s communications outreach, and directly report to the Executive Director. She/he will inspire the HEAL team with strategic and innovative communication initiatives.
HEAL is a leading European not-for-profit organisation addressing how the environment affects health in Europe. With the support of more than 75 member organisations, HEAL brings independent expertise and evidence from the health community to different decision-making processes. Our broad alliance represents health professionals, not-for-profit health insurers, doctors, nurses, cancer and asthma groups, citizens, women’s groups, youth groups, environmental NGOs, scientists and public health research institutes. Members include international and Europe-wide organisations as well as national and local groups. For more information see: www.env-health.org.
Job description and application procedure:
Full time position
- Lead HEAL’s communications activities to optimise HEAL’s profile and strategic vision;
- Coordinate and help implement HEAL’s communications and media strategy;
- Manage the work of the communications team;
- Optimise the strategic outreach to HEAL’s members, partners and stakeholders;
- Identify and build media relations; maintain HEAL’s database media contacts;
- Further build media outreach, particularly at EU and national level;
- Develop and disseminate press releases, coordinate media monitoring and evaluations;
- Draft articles for external publications and journals;
- Manage the overall work of HEAL’s website, lead on the revamp of HEAL’s website;
- Edit HEAL online news and newsletter and coordinate publications and reports;
- Support HEAL country offices and campaigns with their communications outreach;
- Oversee HEAL’s communications efforts for climate and energy projects;
- Organise events, interviews and press conferences;
- Represent HEAL at external events, when required;
- Provide knowledge and insight into campaign and project developments;
- Act as HEAL communications contact point for the Green10;
- Chair Green10 Communications group for the second half of 2017.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in communications and media;
- Ability to translate complex political/policy issues into appropriate messages and understandable language;
- Excellent writing and communication skills, especially in developing press releases and speaking to journalists;
- Experience of working with press, in particular at EU level and access to media contacts;
- Fluent written and spoken English (native speaker equivalent);
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, reliable;
- Ability to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of working with the EU Institutions;
- Understanding or previous working experience in a non-profit or membership based organisation.
- University degree in communications, journalism or relevant field;
- Knowledge of and a passion for environmental health issues;
- Experience in using, creating multi-media tools, platforms and software (e.g. video editing, Photoshop, designing);
- Experience in leading successful communication multi-country campaigns;
- Understanding of a second European language would be an asset (in addition to English).
This position is full time (38 hours), based in the HEAL Secretariat office in Brussels, Belgium, for an initial period of one year, renewable. HEAL offers a competitive salary and extra benefits.
How to ApplyPlease send a letter of motivation and your CV together with a writing sample (e.g. a press release, news article, blog or something similar you have previously written) to email@example.com by Friday 10th March 2017. The letter of motivation should detail why you are interested in the position and how your skills and experience are relevant to the job. Please mention ‘Application for Communications and Media Coordinator’ in the subject line. Interviews will take place the week of 13th March 2017. HEAL is looking for someone to start as soon as possible. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
666 total views, 1 today