Internship Communication Internship in a European Antiracist NGO
Communication Internship in a European Antiracist NGO
At the heart of the fight against racism and for democracy in Europe, you will live a unique, enriching, and intense European experience. From Oslo to Athens, by way of Kiev, Istanbul or Sarajevo, you will be part of the activists who make the difference in the preservation and progress of Equality in Europe.
Through the actions of the European Grassroots Antiracist Movement (EGAM), you will have the opportunity to develop personally, professionally and politically.
Come join the team!
What is EGAM? Launched in 2010, the European Grassroots Antiracist Movement (EGAM)’s gathers the main antiracist and Human Rights NGOs of 33 countries to structure a more integrated and active European civil society against racism, anti-Semitism, racial discrimination and genocide denial in Europe.
EGAM carries three types of activities: field actions with a strong European dimension, advocacy activities targeting national and European institutions and finally, meetings and training seminar in order to strengthen European antiracist leaders.
A selection of the projects EGAM is working on includes:
- The campaign Remember 24th April 1915 for the memory and the recognition of the Armenian Genocide in Turkey and more generally the European support to prodemocracy leaders in Turkey
- The organisation of the Roma Pride, a demonstration held simultaneously in 15 countries in October, which aims to challenge anti-Roma racism and to promote the Romani cultures, histories and traditions.
- The political training of young activists upon Sarajevo Film Festival and Sarajevo-sur-Seine Film Festival
- The campaign “Genocide against the Tutsi: the truth right now!”, which aims to bring to light the responsibilities of the French State in Genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda in 1994.
- The establishment of a network of European and national parliamentarians devoted to the fight against genocide denial and the prevention of genocides
As a member of EGAM’s coordination staff, based in Paris, you will have the chance to get involved in the fight for a Europe of Equality by using your communication skills and motivation to promote EGAM’s work.
Your role will centre on the online and offline diffusion of information on EGAM’s activities by:
- Maintaining EGAM’s social networks (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) and websites with most recent information (projects, campaigns, news)
- Creating communication materials for new projects (social networks, website, logo, poster, press release)
- Coordinating press relations
- Writing and spreading EGAM’s weekly newsletter
- Open-minded and interested in politics and geopolitics
- Experience with community management desirable
- Ability to adapt and to take initiatives
- Intercultural and/or international circulation background
- Good working knowledge of English and French
- Excellent writing and organisational skills.
€ 570 net/month. This remuneration includes full coverage of Health Insurance and social benefits.
- Between 18 and 25 years old
- Citizen of one of the countries of the European Economic Area, if not one-year residence permit in France or a work-permit to be eligible.
How to ApplyApplication process and dates:
- Send your CV and cover letter (in English or French) to the email address below.
- Should your application be successful, you will be contacted for an interview, with a view to assuming the position a soon as possible.
- The duration of the contract is for 8 months.
1601 total views, 3 today