Internship Climate and Energy Campaigns Assistant (Internship)
Climate and Energy Campaigns Assistant (Internship)
HEAL is recruiting a Climate and Energy Campaigns Assistant (Internship) March – December 2017.
The Health & Environment Alliance is recruiting a Climate and Energy Campaigns and Communications Assistant until 31/12/2017 starting as soon as possible. The main activities of the intern will be to assist HEAL’s campaign work especially on the topic of fossil fuels subsidies and health and support HEAL’s organisational and outreach development.
The Health and Environment Alliance (HEAL) is the leading European not-for-profit organisation addressing how the environment affects health in Europe. With the support of more than 75 member organisations, representing health professionals, patients, citizens, women, youth and environmental experts, HEAL helps to bring independent expertise and evidence from the health community to different decision-making processes (website: www.env-health.org).
If you would like to be part of a committed team in a dynamic working environment across from the European Commission’s headquarters, here is your chance.
- Assist with research around fossil fuel subsidies and fossil fuel impact’s on health in different countries;
- Help manage healthy energy and air pollution campaign and mailings to HEAL’s partners as well as assist in production of HEAL newsletters;
- Support outreach and advocacy activities in different countries;
- Assist with the creation of social media visuals as well as the production of information and campaigns materials (writing and design of documents);
- Responsible for the fossil fuels subsidies campaign website;
- Assist in the organisation of conferences, workshops and any other logistical coordination related to HEAL campaigns;
- Provide organisational support on varied administrative duties, when required.
- Graduate – bachelor degree;
- Previous work or internship experience in communicating on environment or health policy;
- Working knowledge of EU institutions and processes.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent written and spoken English (native level) and another EU language is an asset;
- Excellent working knowledge of standard office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, CMS systems), experience and sound knowledge of editing website particularly WordPress;
- Preferably, but not necessarily basic knowledge of Photoshop;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and independently manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Belgian contract of “professional immersion” based on experience of candidate;
- Duration until 31/12/2017, start date as soon as possible.
How to ApplyPlease send us your CV and a cover letter, explaining your interest in joining HEAL and the contribution you believe you could make to the organisation to Vijoleta Gordeljevic: email@example.com no later than 3rd of March. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
559 total views, 1 today