Full-Time Child Protection Specialist
Child Protection Specialist
Child Protection Specialist
Qualifications and experience
- Prior experience of working with a multi-cultural and multi-sectoral teams in the field for child focussed organisations
- A very good understanding of child protection, child rights programming and a working knowledge of other sectors including education and governance.
- An in-depth understanding of global agenda on child protection issues.
At least 4 years of experience of delivering child protection/child rights programmes based on a child rights based-approach.
At least 4 years’ management experience of running complex multi grant child protection programmes, both in emergency and normal circumstances
- Education: Post graduate master’s degree on development or other social sciences
- Language: Fluency in written and spoken Spanish, English and French
- IT: Excellent working knowledge of Office applications
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas for up to 30%
- Willingness and ability to change work practices and hours, to be flexible and responsive in the event of emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, to overcome obstacles to cooperation and progress
Key areas of responsibility
Strategic guidance and policy setting
- Lead Educo’s Child Protection Programming strategy development and implementation process
- Lead Educo’s policy development on different areas on child protection
Quality assurance and technical support
- Make sure Educo’s child safeguarding policy is in place by coordinating and overseeing the child safeguarding committees, and different in-country focal points.
- Capacity building on child protection issues through comprehensive training needs assessments and contributing to the partners/staff technical capacity building plans
- Provide technical support for child protection programming for different country offices
- Provide technical support for grants programmes
Networking, relationship and external communication:
- Establish strong relationships with Keeping Children Safe and other networks engaging in similar work, ChildFund Alliance members, AECID child protection working group, government ministries, donors, UN agencies, Civil Society Organisations (CSO), Networks
- Represent Educo in Protection fora in the international level
Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
- Provide support for best interest assessment
- Monitor the progresses of SDG on child protection issues
- Work with the MEAL team to ensure that protection programs are monitored against already developed standards and indicators
- Support program assessments, evaluations and other reviews required in the program.
- Ensure good consultation and cross learning and sharing information with wider stakeholders
- Establish work processes – facilitating material for reflection and team training.
- Establish standards of good practices – systematizations in protection.
How to ApplySend cv at email@example.com
611 total views, 1 today