Full-Time Child Protection Programme Manager
Child Protection Programme Manager
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 3 months
The overall role of the Child Protection (CP) Programme Manager is to develop a strategy and implement Save the Children’s child protection response in Greece. The response implementation will take into account the changing humanitarian situation in Greece and will be aligned with SC’s overall strategy in Greece, which focuses on enhancing the protection of children on the move in transit and/or temporarily living in Greece.
The Child Protection Programme Manager will provide day to day supervision, guidance and on the job training for staff and NGO partners.
The Child Protection Programme Manager will work closely with the Senior Child Protection Advisor, who is responsible to provide overall technical guidance for the child protection programme in GreeceEducation to Masters level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- A university degree in Social Work, Human rights Law, International Relations, Development Studies or similar, or equivalent field experience
- Minimum of 5 years of child protection experience preferably in the context of mixed migration flows and transit populations, children on the move and children separated from their families
- Significant management experience working in an emergency response contexts or fragile states
- Good team leader and team member skills, including the ability to be part of and organise, support, manage and develop a small team;
- Good knowledge of and experience in using established inter-agency standards and guidelines in child protection, such as the Inter-agency Guiding Principles on Unaccompanied and Separated Children, IA Case Management Guidelines and others;
- Understanding and experience of working on Children on the Move issues and of putting in places responses to prevent and respond to family separation
- Experience in designing and delivering training on CP, including strengthening the capacity of key stakeholders to prevent and respond to child protection issues;
- Experience of working with partners and of using a participatory approach as well as of coordinating responses with a range of actors, including Government authorities, national/local organisations, NGOs, UN;
- Ability to achieve results and maintain consistent high standards of professional behaviour and achievement, including when working alone;
- Ability to manage stress, be flexible and accommodating in difficult and frustrating working circumstance;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Budget development and financial monitoring skills;
- Commitment to and understanding of child rights, as well as of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- For non EU candidates a valid European Union work permit is mandatory due to statutory Greek regulations
- Greek/Arabic language skills
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
How to ApplyApplication Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'GLemonis.email@example.com' Application deadline 09/02/2016
615 total views, 3 today