Full-Time Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
In Brussels we deliver full-service support to our clients and in particular have leading practices in Antitrust and Corporate/M&A.
Reporting into our Business Development Director, Continental Europe, also based in Brussels, the successful candidate will carry out a range of local and European business development activities across a variety of practices and sectors, and proactively lead client relationship initiatives. The position involves working closely with attorneys and other members of the Global Business Development team, including our colleagues in the U.S.
We offer the opportunity to help shape our approach to business and client development in Europe.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Strategic support. Provide support to partners and counsel in the full range of business and client development activities;
- Pitch support. Work with the team on pitches and coordinate panel pitches;
- Research. Carry out research and analysis to help identify business opportunities;
- Profile Raising/Reputation Management. Assist in maintaining the leadership position for Cleary Gottlieb practices in directories;
- Team collaboration. Work with the business development team to ensure the efficiency of the department’s services and promote a positive work environment.
Desired skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in the professional services sector;
- Master degree (preferably in law or economics) or equivalent work experience required;
- Fluent in English and one other European language (preferably French or Dutch);
- Strong writing and presentation skills and an exacting attention to detail in all work product;
- Excellent analytical and research skills;
- Ability to build credibility and trust with partners globally;
- Excellent relationship management skills;
- General knowledge of business and financial markets;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Strong initiative, high energy and enjoys being hands-on; ability to be creative and innovative in reaching solutions.
How to ApplyIf you are looking for a position in an international environment where collegiality, integrity, excellence are some of the core values then please send your cover letter and resume to BruAdminRecruit@cgsh.com. While we would like to respond to all applicants, we only contact those applicants we are interested in meeting.
435 total views, 2 today