This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
8 Aug 2017
Full-Time BI Data Modeller – Digital/Enabler
BI Data Modeller – Digital/Enabler
Your future job!
- Set out rules and guidelines and standards and/or continuously improve the existing ones to be applied throughout the whole BI team. Coach and assist the BI analysts and their customers in the usage of these models;
- Develop semi-standardized templates, models and patterns to propagate across the BI-department;
- Review and ensure the correct application of the rules/guidelines/standards/templates by the Business Intelligence team as well as their third party suppliers. This involves close collaboration with data architects, as well as detailed knowledge of and strict adherence to BNP Paribas Fortis standards;
- Retro documentation in powerdesigner of existing DWH and – based on available models – suggest rationalisation tracks to simplify the BI-landscape;
- Creation of logical models, by using the identified data sources and structuring data, in order to make data available, accessible and insightful;
- Ensure the right amount of metadata is documented about the actual data and then make this metadata available to customers. Make model documentation available bank wide;
- Monitor and report to the application responsible and management on a regular basis about the data modelling activity and KYD culture;
- Work with application responsible and subject matter experts to safeguard and maintain the quality and security of the detailed data models;
- Contribute to the evolution of the function of data modeller to that what BNPP Fortis needs to operate in an appropriate way.
Highlight your strengths!
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in IT or Business engineering or equivalent by professional experience;
- Experience in Data Modelling, the logical and physical data models and databases (> 3 years);
- Be able to use modelling tools like PowerDesigner, IBM InfoSphere Data Architect or any other tool on the market;
- Knowledge of modelling methodologies such as Inmon, Kimball and Codd;
- Knowledge of DBMS systems like Oracle, Sybase IQ or SQL server and big data platforms;
- Experience in translating customer/functional needs into data design;
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology and project management;
- Sound knowledge of English as well as the Dutch/French languages.
- Motivated, proactive and organised and precise;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Address the right contributors at the right time, whether they are inside or outside the team;
- Team Spirit, always ready to share, train or provide support to others;
- Good oral and written communication. Ability to turn advanced technical topics and industry jargon into easy-to-understand information;
- Quality driven and cost avoidance minded.
How to Applyhttps://group.bnpparibas/en/careers/offers-world/standard-permanent/bi-data-modeller-m-f-x-digital-enabler
348 total views, 1 today