Full-Time BE eWL Application Developer
BE eWL Application Developer
Context of the job
The role of a software engineer is to translate functional requirements into technical solutions, develop and monitor development by offshore teams, deliver and configure solutions on test & production environments, support test, deployment & production teams and permanently strive for work environment and solutions performance improvement.
This is a challenging position for high potentials with a degree in IT. The AD is a liaison between functional analysts, offshore development teams, testers, production support. The role requires good communication and coordination skills as well as technical skills. The AD operates in an international environment. Office location is Brussels.
- Draw system design & detailed technical description of critical payment solutions for our customers;
- Develop & integrate application components (C/C++ environment);
- Support test team and quickly fix problems raised by test team;
- Monitor offshore development team activities:
- Transfer knowledge about applications, technologies, new developments, best practices, processes;
- Organize & control day-to-day activities;
- Validate work delivered (technical documents, code, scripts, test results);
- Is fully accountable for monitored work.
- Build & deliver product release packages, and support installation (major & micro-releases);
- Lead production deployment events on site (mainly during night);
- Analyze problems raised by customers or production support, find and implement a solution (mostly in an emergency/crisis context with high pressure, stress and quick results expectation);
- Improve our productivity & quality assessment tools such as development workbench, test automation tool, performance test environment, release delivery process;
- Propose & analyze application improvements (performance, robustness …);
- Coordinate/administrate small changes development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Technology, Engineering or related fields, minimum 2 years’ experience in IT, in C or C++;
- Knowledge in the payment or banking industry would be an additional asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to communicate complex technical information in an easy-to-understand way; able to provide with feed-back (+/-);
- Fluency in Dutch and English, or French and English;
- Able & willing to work in an international & multi-cultural environment;
- Structured and organized, with good interpersonal skills;
- Autonomous and proactive;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Result-oriented individual who appreciates working in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to be flexible and to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Effectively manage simultaneously occurring tasks and are adaptable and flexible to the dynamic needs of large projects;
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities;
- We require good knowledge of C ++, OpenSSL, Apache, Unix tools and XML/XML schemas as well as knowledge of the use of a versioning system. Additional knowledge of C, SQL Oracle DB will be considered as a plus;
- Willing to work in a high pressure on-call environment and occasionally outside of normal business hours (our real-time systems are running 7/7, 24/24).
How to Applyhttps://careers.atos.net/fe/tpl_Atos01.asp?s=4A515F4E5A565B1A&jobid=189242,2354876098&key=129376174&c=54725687483446&pagestamp=setriktvguvlosilly#.WKQifPLwAoN
154 total views, 1 today