Full-Time Assistant – Interest Rate Derivatives, Equity
Assistant – Interest Rate Derivatives, Equity
The Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB) is a multilateral development bank with a social mandate. The CEB contributes to financing the implementation of socially oriented investment projects through four sectoral lines of action, namely: strengthening social integration; managing the environment; supporting public infrastructure with a social vocation; supporting micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs).
The CEB represents a major instrument of solidarity policy in Europe, helping its 41 Member States to achieve sustainable and equitable growth.
Working under the department director, the incumbent will provide administrative and technical support to the activities carried out in the Settlements & Payments Department.
To carry out all or a number of the following activities, assuming a wide range of assigned responsibilities and a specialist role:
A) Interest rate derivatives
- Processing interest rate derivatives generated by the trading floor and efficiently managing the life cycle of interest rate swaps;
- Logging transactions in the Bank’s computer system (Globus);
- Managing interest rate derivative documentation: checking economic details of paper copy/Markit Wire confirmations received from paper counterparties, requesting changes if necessary and digitising contracts;
- Applying general knowledge of ISDA/CSA agreements, in particular a thorough knowledge of different interest rates systems, such as EURIBOR, EONIA, LIBOR, WIBOR, etc. and their interpolations;
- Carrying out financial analysis and monitoring of interest rate derivatives (updating interest rates, interest payments, monitoring changes in SSIs, etc.), preparing payments in the SWIFT system and monitoring their smooth roll out;
- Confirming financial flows relating to interest rate derivatives with different counterparties;
- Analysing non-applied funds received;
- Developing and preparing reports on transactions processed;
- Assisting with the creation of new projects to develop interest rate derivatives;
- Managing and solving problems linked, for example, to the development and adaptation of work regulations and procedures, incorrect or conflicting information/data, unexpected maturities, unforeseen circumstances, claims, etc.
- Inputting and pre-matching transactions carried out by the Front Office operators;
- Setting up instructions for settlements/delivery via Clearstream’s CreationOnline system;
- Monitoring settlements/delivery and analysing any variations;
- Matching the securities portfolio with the agents;
- Managing new issues, securities lending/borrowing and repos;
- Carrying out and organizing the reporting to the different services within the Bank.
Education: Diploma of general secondary education or, preferably, a higher education qualification in finance.
Professional and technical skills:
- At least three years’ professional experience carrying out administrative or technical tasks in a Back Office interest rate derivatives service;
- Good knowledge of interest rate derivatives, particularly of swaps (IRS and CIRS);
- Good knowledge of payment and clearing systems;
- Basic knowledge of ISDA and CSA agreements, as well as the European Market Infrastructure Regulation and the Dodd-Frank Act;
- Knowledge of the bond market (issues and documentation) would be particularly advantageous;
- Strong IT skills: proficiency in the basic office application functions (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, e-mailing) as well as software specific to the field. A good level of experience using the Markit Serv tool would be an advantage;
- Basic knowledge of Global Master Repurchase Agreements and the problems related to repos and tri-party repos;
- Basic knowledge of the operational framework for collateral;
- Excellent planning, organisational and multitasking skills to ensure efficient and autonomous completion of work within given deadlines, placing emphasis on priority tasks;
- Focus on research and information sharing useful for the role;
- Good problem-solving skills and a great ability to assess problems in order to find appropriate working solutions within short timeframes.
- Service-minded, with good interpersonal skills;
- Able to work in a team;
- Cooperative and able to build strong working relationships;
- Able to provide advice.
- Strong listening and communication skills to understand internal and external needs and explain technical issues to people with less technical proficiency;
- Good writing skills necessary for writing memos, reports and correspondence;
- Ability to speak and write in both French and English to a high standard.
Qualities and personal values:
- Shows initiative and takes on responsibilities;
- Is results oriented;
- Recognises the importance of continuous efficiency, precision, quality and improvement;
- Adapts easily and knows how to manage himself/herself and develop;
- Demonstrates adequate organisational skills;
- Shows discretion, integrity and reliability in matters involving sensitive information;
- Shows respect for diversity in a multicultural and international environment;
- Demonstrates and applies a high level of ethics.
Nationality: Citizen of one of the Bank’s member states.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should apply on line via the e-recruitment tool: http://ceb.profils.org/accueil.aspx?lcid=1033 Deadline for applications: 24 March 2016, by midnight (Paris time).
964 total views, 4 today