Full-Time Assistant Accountant/HR Administrator
Assistant Accountant/HR Administrator
Milieu Ltd is a growing consulting firm based in Brussels with a record of excellence in international and European policy and law in many areas such as environmental protection, fundamental rights, public health, consumer protection, health and safety, financial services. We provide our expertise mainly for European institutions and other public sector clients. We have grown rapidly over the years and now number over 80 associates.
Milieu is a largely non-hierarchical, non-bureaucratic, employee centric organization where everyone contributes and everyone is important. We look for associates who are enthusiastic and engaged, set themselves high standards and are able to work collaboratively together.
Please visit our website at www.milieu.be to understand more about our activities and our corporate culture.
We are looking for a full-time Assistant Accountant/HR Administrator for an immediate position to support our busy team. This is a great chance for an ambitious and enthusiastic person to grow and develop within a dynamic organisation – you will not get bored.
Key tasks will include the following:
- Processing accounts payable;
- Monitoring customer billing points and ensuring invoices are raised promptly;
- Bank reconciliations and GL control account reconciliations;
- Preparation and reconciliation of monthly WIP schedules;
- Prepare analysis for monthly TVA returns;
- Raise employee contracts;
- Help monitor and track vacation and out of office;
- Act as interface with our external payroll service and processing of payroll information.
The key qualifications required for the position are:
- Minimum 3 years prior work experience in a similar role;
- Demonstrable theoretical training or qualification in accounting;
- Knowledge of Belgium payroll a strong advantage;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of other languages an asset;
- A self-starter personality able to prioritise a busy and varied workload;
- Well-organised, analytical and with strong attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel;
- A strong desire to learn and progress.
What you will find at Milieu:
- English as a principal working language;
- A very informal, supportive and collaborative working environment;
- A minimum of hierarchy and internal bureaucracy;
- A strong dedication to public policy;
- Highly professional and a strong commitment to quality in what we do;
- A dynamic multi-cultural atmosphere with some 30 nationalities;
- A stimulating working environment recently featured in a UK Guardian article entitled ”Are these the world’s coolest offices”;
- A relaxed dress code – except when we are meeting our clients;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Regular company barbeques, training lunches, end of month meetings, bi-weekly yoga classes;
- Biennial company weekend retreats to international locations.
Milieu would like to fill this position by October/November 2016.
How to ApplyPlease apply via our automated application process at https://milieu.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk06cn5. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Milieu Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
606 total views, 1 today