Full-Time Assistant Accountant
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance — International IDEA is an intergovernmental organization that supports sustainable democracy worldwide. International IDEA’s mission is to support sustainable democratic change by providing comparative knowledge, and assisting in democratic reform, and influencing policies and politics.
International IDEA acts as a catalyst for democracy building; by providing knowledge resources, policy proposals and supporting democratic reforms in response to specific national requests. It works together with policy makers, governments, UN organizations and agencies and regional organizations engaged in the field of democracy building.
International IDEA develops, shares and enables the use of comparative knowledge in its key areas of expertise: electoral processes,constitution building,political participation and representation, democracy and development and democracy assessments. It also addresses the important issues of gender, diversity, and conflict and security as they relate to democracy.
International IDEA is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and works worldwide through offices in New York, Brussels, The Hague, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
The Assistant Accountant is responsible for functions related to accounts payable, invoicing, and general accounting procedures, file maintenance and related reporting. The Assistant Accountant supports to the finance and administration staff at HQ and in regional offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes and reconciles all invoices and expense forms and registers them to the ERP system;
- Processes all non-payroll related payments, including payments to vendors;
- Processes regional and field office payments as requested;
- Reviews and codes financial information Records all financial transactions, analyzes and verifies calculations and inputs codes in the accounting system;
- Processes timely payment of advances to regional and field offices;
- Instructs administrative staff on International IDEA’s payment processes and guidelines, for e.g. the registration of invoices and payment of vendors;
- Maintains vendor master data in the ERP system;
- Maintains the Swedish VAT recovery process;
- Assists the Senior Accountant with the preparation of year-end accounts;
- Maintains the archiving of accounting and financial documents;
- Updates exchange rates, per diem and such other information in the ERP system and/or on the intranet;
- Produces reports as requested;
- Acts as back-up for the payroll function of IDEA by processing the monthly pay run, including travel claims, when required.
- Professional attitude with strong organizational skills and attention to detail; Ability to interact well with others; Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines;
- Adds value to team-based activities in his/her unit; collaborates with other entities of the Institute on a regular basis;
- Integrates a gender and diversity perspective in all activities.
- Senior Accountant.
- Understanding of accounting concepts and practices, and of internal accounting control;
- Experienced in creating excel spreadsheets while working with numbers and data;
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to prepare and analyze fiscal data, summarize information and present it in a logical format.
Operational Knowledge and Skills
- Integrates the Result-Based-Management approach into his/her activities;
- Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others throughout the organization;
- Illustrates integrity, a collaborative spirit, a sense of achievement, and an understanding of risk management.
- No direct people management responsibility.
- Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area; evaluates and selects solutions from established options.
- Has an impact on the programme development and delivery through the quality of the services or information provided.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality;
- Ability to interact well with others; Liaises regularly with internal and external stakeholders involved in his/her tasks;
- Acts in all assignments with personal energy and engagement.
Education and Experience
- Professional qualification in accounting or book-keeping a requirement; University Degree in accounting, finance, statistics or economics considered an advantage;
- Approximately five (5) years’ work experience in a Finance department, specifically experience working with accounts payable;
- Experience of working in an international context, e.g. in an intergovernmental organization, considered an advantage.
Terms of Contract
Local Post. Two (2) year fixed term appointment. Salary 31 825 SEK per month.
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Sweden.
Deadline for applications
Applications should be submitted no later than 09 April 2017. Please note that all applications must be made in English.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
How to Applyhttp://idea.easycruit.com/vacancy/1813079/25038?iso=gb
409 total views, 1 today