Full-Time Analytical Chemist/Chemical Production Technologist
Analytical Chemist/Chemical Production Technologist
Are you a chemist enthusiast with the ambition to change the world? OPCW needs heroes like you! Make sure chemical weapons no longer pose a danger to the world and come join our team.
Be our chemical aid: your tasks
As an Analytical Chemist or a Chemical Production Technologist, your most important job is implementing the verification of the Chemical Weapons Convention. To accomplish this, you will travel a lot with over 150 travel days a year. Your team leader will differ every time you travel. You’ll work in the inspectorate division of OPCW, from where you may be deployed to other types of investigation in conflict environments.
Other responsibilities include:
- Preparing, conducting and reporting of technical inspections related to the Chemical Weapons Convention in different countries;
- Conducting on-site sampling and analysis activities in chemical industries and demilitarization facilities;
- Participating in missions to provide technical assistance and protection against the use of chemical weapons;
- Investigating incidents related to the use of chemical weapons;
- Arranging the destruction of chemical weapons.
Chemical lifesaver; this is who you are
Your background in the chemical industry, gas chromatography or mass spectrometry detection helps you to excel at your job. You are results-driven, with a focus on realistic results. Your communication skills and factual orientation are welcome characteristics within our team. The job requires you to be a flexible person, who is prepared to travel to a lot of different environments. Therefore, you are able to adapt yourself to evolving circumstances and non-routine situations.
- You have an advanced university degree or equivalent in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a comparable degree;
- As an Analytical Analyst, you have a minimum of 5 years of technical and practical experience in GC-MS analysis;
- As a Chemical Production Technologist, you have a minimum of 5 years of related experience in the chemical industry;
- You are very proficient with computers and the English language;
- You are capable of managing conflict and able to enhance the effectiveness of a team;
- You are prepared to work in high-risk areas.
Working at OPCW
The OPCW culture possesses a high level of confidentiality and integrity. You will work in a multicultural and technical environment with challenging activities every day.
We offer you:
- A competitive salary (74k annually with dependants, 70k annually without dependants);
- Great secondary benefits, like rental subsidy, dependency allowance, Repatriation Grant, Education Grant and home leave;
- Travel and removal arrangements;
- The possibility to make the world a better place, without chemical weapons.
How to Apply
Do you have what it takes?Would you like to help making the world a better place, free of chemical weapons? If you have what it takes, you can check this link and join our cause. Questions about the position? Please send an email to Mr Merlijn Angad Gaur (Recruitment Officer) via firstname.lastname@example.org. The application procedure will include automated pre video-screening, a written test, a behavioral assessment and a final interview.
About OPCWThe Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, OPCW for short, is the implementing body of the Chemical Weapons Convention. Nowadays OPCW has 192 Member States, working together and cooperating to achieve a world free of chemical weapons. Our goal is to prevent the use of chemistry for warfare. Achieving this, international security will be strengthened.
229 total views, 3 today