Full-Time Advocacy Officer (Maternity Cover)
Advocacy Officer (Maternity Cover)
This is a key function in an international team of 7 persons. The position-holder is responsible for the network’s advocacy and will be in the frontline of influencing policy-makers mainly in the EU institutions and Member States on issues of priority to the network’s humanitarian NGO membership.
- Identify opportunities, develop and implement advocacy strategies according to VOICE strategic objectives and work programme;
- Provide effective policy research, analysis and advice concerning advocacy issues;
- Develop advocacy messages and network positioning in collaboration with members, including via facilitation of events and workshops;
- Write policy statements on behalf of the network ensuring the interests of VOICE members are heard by policy and decision makers;
- Ensure information flow within the VOICE network, and support national-level advocacy, providing information and analysis to members;
- Support the communication officer in strengthening VOICE external visibility and increased outreach to VOICE main targets;
- Representation and networking on behalf of VOICE with the European institutions and other humanitarian actors as required;
- Participation in secretariat administration, and team life as required.
- Solid knowledge of EU structures, policies, procedures, and funding mechanisms;
- 3 to 5 years proven experience of humanitarian and/or development work including in policy analysis and development, advocacy activities and event organisation in an NGO environment;
- Strong analytical capacity, good organisational skills and practical approach to problem solving;
- Excellent written and spoken English and fluency in French;
- Excellent communication, writing and networking skills;
- Solid computer skills, preferably including website management;
- Ability to work in a a multi-cultural working environment.
How to ApplyPlease email your application by 23 May, in English to email@example.com, write Advocacy Officer in the subject line, as well as your name and surname, and include:
- A CV of maximum two pages;
- A cover letter of no more than one page outlining your motivation for the job;
- Please feel free to also send in any link to samples of your work.
414 total views, 1 today