Full-Time Adviser on Banking Regulation
Adviser on Banking Regulation
The European Association of Public Banks (EAPB) gathers member organizations from different European Member States and countries, representing directly and indirectly the interests of over 90 public-sector financial institutions towards the EU and other European stakeholders. With a combined balance sheet total of about EUR 3,500 billion and a market share of around 15%, EAPB members constitute an essential part of the European financial sector. Currently, the EAPB is recruiting an Adviser.
The Adviser shall successfully support the activities of the Associtaion and advise the EAPB members on key EU legislative developments affecting the public banking sector. Reporting to the Secretary-General Her or His role will be to support the work of the EAPB Secretariat, with a particular focus on banking a regulation. The tasks will include maintaining strong relationships with relevant stakeholders and our members.
Key responsibilities include
- Preparation of high-level meetings of EAPB Secretary-General and President;
- Developing and executing advocacy with key EU policy makers, with a particular focus on banking regulation;
- Drafting policy briefs, news and information briefs, social media and other advocacy documents on EU Affairs;
- Ensure information flow on policy developments, relevant events and funding opportunities in the EU to EAPB Members;
- Preparation and coordinate EAPB Economic and Financial Affairs Committee (composed of member experts) and other meetings;
- Liasing with EU Institutions and other relevant bodies;
- Representing the Association in meetings with the Association’s partners and EU institutions.
Main Policy areas
- Capital Requirements;
- Banking Supervision;
- Banking regulation;
- Accounting standards;
- European Supervisory Authorities;
- Banking Union;
- European Banking Authority Delegated acts (technical standards, guidelines, recommendations);
- Single Supervisory mechanism (SSM) and European Central Bank supervision issues.
Profile of candidates
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (mother-tongue level);
- Good proficiency in German;
- Dispose of a university degree in law, political science, economics or another relevant discipline;
- At least 2-3 years of demonstrably work experience in EU policy or financial regulation work;
- Be a dynamic, result-oriented team-player.
- Knowledge of other EU official languages, particularly French;
- Knowledge of financial sector and European policies.
What we offer
- Play a key role in influencing the public discussion on the role of public banking for the development of the European economy and social cohesion;
- Be part of a friendly, dynamic and international team in the heart of the Brussels EU district;
- The EAPB offers an employment contract under Belgian law for an indefinite period;
- Remuneration package: competitive salary, lunch vouchers, ecological product vouchers, additional days of conventional holidays, transport allowance.
How to ApplyInterested candidates are invited to send their application letter and CV by 15 January 2016 via post or via e-mail to the Secretary General Mr. Marcel Roy, European Association of Public Banks (EAPB), Avenue de la Joyeuse Entrée 1-5, 1040 Brussels or email@example.com.
588 total views, 3 today