Full-Time Administrative Officer (Website Maintenance)
Administrative Officer (Website Maintenance)
The Bank for International Settlements is an international organisation which fosters international monetary and financial cooperation via wide-ranging banking, economic research and policy coordination activities.
The Financial Stability Board (FSB) is an international body that monitors and makes recommendations about the global financial system. The FSB promotes international financial stability and seeks to strengthen financial systems and increase the stability of international financial markets. The FSB is located in Basel, Switzerland.
We are looking for an Administrative Officer to join the FSB’s Secretariat. The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the FSB, with primary responsibility for maintenance of the FSB’s external and internal websites. He/she will support secretariat members by carrying out and coordinating secretarial and administrative tasks independently and accurately; will act as a link between internal and external contacts and other members of the FSB Secretariat; and will cover for colleagues in the administrative office during absences as and when required.
Internat and external website maintenance:
- Takes the primary role within the administrative team in maintaining the FSB’s external website and its internal website, e-FSB, including uploading documents and other information, creating new webpages, maintaining the list of member registrations, and managing access rights. Working as needed with the external website provider. In maintaining the internal website, works in close coordination with others in the administrative office and the broader Secretariat as needed, as well as with IT staff. Willing to work irregular hours as necessary;
- Provides assistance with use of the website, including responding to calls and e-mails. Makes and screens telephone calls (in foreign languages where applicable) and passes on calls for the section. Answers general requests and takes messages.
Other administrative tasks:
- Maintains up-to-date internal lists and records, including organisation charts, spreadsheets for workstreams, and lists of conference invitations and external visitors;
- Uses standard Bank for International Settlements (BIS) software and special applications. Designs templates and forms for own workstation and for other users. Keeps abreast of the latest technological developments. Supports Secretariat staff in the use of BIS software and special applications, liaising as necessary with the BIS service desk;
- Provides cover for administrative office colleagues in coordinating the arrangements for internal and external FSB meetings and seminars. Liaises with Meeting Services and the host country/central bank. Prepares and distributes all documentation. Acts as main point of contact on logistical matters;
- Organises official lunches, dinners and cocktails;
- Arranges appointments for the Secretary General and other members of the Secretariat and assists external visitors as necessary. Maintains a chronological file in which relevant documents for forthcoming appointments are kept;
- Formats and proof-reads reports and FSB documents based on guidelines. Ensures appropriate distribution;
- Ensures appropriate action with incoming electronic and physical mail, including prioritisation and distribution, Maintains efficient office filing of electronic documents;
- Orders office supplies. Carries out other tasks, such as participating in departmental and/or Bank-wide projects if and when required.
Qualifications and skills:
- A-levels, two-year secretarial diploma or equivalent;
- Office administration experience, prior website maintenance or meeting organisation skills an advantage;
- High level of proficiency in website maintenance and Microsoft Office applications (notably word processing, but also spreadsheet, e-mail, presentation and database software) and internet tools;
- Excellent team player with good communication and interpersonal skills. Acts with diplomacy and discretion and shows initiative;
- Absolute discretion in treating confidential and restricted information;
- Good organisation and time management skills, accuracy, speed and attention to detail;
- Produces high-quality work, even when under stress, while remaining calm, efficient and flexible;
- Shows initiative, including in improving office processes;
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferably German, or another major world language. Ability to edit texts in English.
- Minimum three years of relevant experience. Experience of working in an international environment.
We are able to recruit globally, regardless of nationality, and offer competitive employment packages. All new entrants are recruited on a fixed-term basis. We are fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strive for diversity among our staff. We encourage applications from female candidates.
Department: General Secretariat
Employment – Duration: 3 years
Contract type: Fixed-term
Application Deadline: 19/03/2017
How to Applyhttps://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BIS&cws=1&rid=456
252 total views, 1 today