Full-Time Administrative Officer (Meetings Organisation)
Administrative Officer (Meetings Organisation)
The Bank for International Settlements is an international organisation which fosters international monetary and financial cooperation via wide-ranging banking, economic research and policy coordination activities.
The Financial Stability Board (FSB) is an international body that monitors and makes recommendations about the global financial system. The FSB promotes international financial stability and seeks to strengthen financial systems and increase the stability of international financial markets. The FSB is located in Basel, Switzerland.
We are looking for an Administrative Officer to join the FSB’s Secretariat. The successful candidate will provide administrative and secretarial support to the FSB, and take primary responsibility for administrative support to the Secretary General. He/she will carry out and coordinate secretarial and administrative tasks independently and accurately; will act as a link between internal and external contacts and the Secretary General and other members of the FSB Secretariat; and will cover for colleagues in the administrative office during absences as and when required.
Organisation of meetings:
- Coordinates the arrangements for internal and external FSB meetings and events (including, for some meetings, on-site at the external location), acting as main point of contact on logistical matters. The role may require working irregular hours, as required by the meetings scheduled;
- Organises business trips for the Secretary General and Secretariat members and arranges appointments. Compiles and checks all travel-related documentation;
- Formats, proof-reads and ensures appropriate distribution of FSB documents.
Other administrative tasks:
- Maintains FSB Secretariat records, including FSB membership and contact lists, and ensures the archiving of relevant FSB documents;
- Answers general requests and takes messages. Responds to general e-mail queries and forwards as necessary to other members of the Secretariat;
- Organises official lunches, dinners and cocktails;
- Arranges appointments for the Secretary General and other members of the Secretariat and assists external visitors as necessary. Maintains a chronological file in which relevant documents for forthcoming appointments are kept;
- Ensures appropriate action with incoming electronic and physical mail, including prioritisation and distribution. Maintains efficient office filing of electronic documents;
- Uses standard Bank for International Settlements (BIS) software and special applications. Helps maintain the FSB public website and e-FSB, uploading documents and other information during absence of administrative colleagues.
Qualifications and skills:
- A-levels, two-year secretarial diploma or equivalent as a minimum. Higher-level qualifications, such as those in office management and business administration, would be an advantage;
- Meeting organisation skills, office administration/management experience;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (notably word processing, but also spreadsheet, e-mail, presentation and database software) and internet tools;
- Excellent team player with good communication and interpersonal skills. Acts with diplomacy and discretion in liaising with FSB membership;
- Absolute discretion in treating confidential and restricted information;
- Good organisation and time management skills, accuracy, speed and attention to detail;
- Produces high-quality work, even when under stress, while remaining calm, efficient and flexible;
- Shows initiative, for example, in improving office processes;
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferably German, or another major world language. Ability to edit texts in English.
- Minimum three years of relevant experience. Experience of working in an international environment.
We are able to recruit globally, regardless of nationality, and offer competitive employment packages. All new entrants are recruited on a fixed-term basis. We are fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strive for diversity among our staff. We encourage applications from female candidates.
Department: General Secretariat
Employment – Duration: 3 years
Contract type: Fixed-term
Application Deadline: 19/03/2017
How to Applyhttps://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BIS&cws=1&rid=455
603 total views, 1 today