Full-Time Academic Director
Deadline: 11 March 2016
Open to: applicants with good knowledge of German as well as the languages of the target region, particularly Russian
Remuneration: not specified
Federal Government is establishing the Centre for East European and International Studies (Zentrum für Osteuropa- und internationale Studien, ZOiS) as a foundation under German Civil Law. The Centre is expected to begin its work as an independent, non‑university research institution based in Berlin towards the middle of 2016. It will be tasked with conducting applied basic research, promoting the training and education of junior scholars and providing expertise on Eastern Europe for policy-makers, the business community and the public at large. The target regions for its academic activity are Eastern Europe (including the Russian Federation), the Caucasus and Central Asia.
The Centre will have at its disposal an annual budget of EUR 2.5m. They are seeking to appoint an Academic Director (m/f) from 1 June 2016.
Applicant that will be considered as successful candidate should have:
- A demonstrated track record of academic excellence in research on contemporary Eastern Europe (e.g. in political science, sociology, economics or contemporary history);
- Conceptual and methodological expertise (and a high degree of interest in the development of new area studies approaches for the target region);
- Outstanding academic qualifications and the ability to supervise doctoral students;
- Management experience and outstanding organisational skills as well as substantial experience in organising research groups and communicating research findings;
- A very good knowledge of German as well as the languages of the target region, particularly Russian.
The Centre will have at its disposal an annual budget of EUR 2.5m. Remuneration will be above the collectively agreed pay scale.
How to ApplyApplications should be submitted by e-mail no later than 11 March 2016 to: Auswärtiges Amt, Planungsstab (Federal Foreign Office, Policy Planning Staff), Werderscher Markt 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany, 02-R@diplo.de. If you have any questions, please contact the Chair of the academic selection committee (Prof. Dr. Jan Kusber, kusber@uni‑mainz.de). For more information please visit the official website.
582 total views, 1 today