Full-Time 3-year Postdoctoral Position, Department of Biomedicine
3-year Postdoctoral Position, Department of Biomedicine
3-year postdoctoral position on a research project to investigate the effect of intracellular alpha-synuclein aggregation on electrophysiological properties and cytosolic calcium levels in models of Parkinson’s disease.
Jensen Group – Neurodegenerative Disease Laboratory at DANDRITE (The Danish Research Institute of Translational Neuroscience) is looking for a highly qualified postdoc. DANDRITE is the Danish node of the Nordic EMBL Partnership for Molecular Medicine.
Research Area and Project Description
The Jensen Group has recently made several progresses to understand the effects of intracellular alpha-synuclein aggregates on cellular homeostasis and been awarded a larger 5 year grant to investigate these processes. The aim of the project is to progress our understanding of the pathophysiological effects of alpha-synuclein on neuronal calcium levels and study pathways to remedy such effects.
To achieve this aim, combined electrophysiological and in vivo calcium imaging approaches will be performed in studies also comprising histochemical, biochemical and behavioural analyses.
The applicant will perform electrophysiological experiments in isolated neurons, acute and organotypic brain slice cultures and conduct fluorescence based cytosolic calcium measurements in primary neurons, brain slice cultures and in vivo using cranial window techniques.
The electrophysiological studies will be conducted in close collaboration with Group Leader Sadegh Nabavi’s lab and the in vivo calcium imaging in collaboration with Group Leader Keisuke Yonehara’s group, both at DANDRITE.
- Appointment in this position requires a PhD degree in neuroscience or related subjects;
- Previous experience in electrophysiology in vivo or in vitro, and possibly in vivo calcium imaging;
- The successful applicant is expected to be able to manage the project, develop novel technical approaches, conduct firm, kind and thorough supervision, and be a good team player.
Required qualifications and formalities
- The postdoctoral position is a 3-year fixed-term employment, full-time position with 37 hours per week;
- Preferential starting date is from May 2017, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Appointment as a postdoc requires academic qualifications at PhD level.
How to Applyhttp://www.au.dk/en/about/vacant-positions/scientific-positions/stillinger/Vacancy/show/888906/5283/
125 total views, 1 today